Dr. Jan Streer is counsel in the Corporate & Securities practice of Mayer Brown´s Düsseldorf office. His practice focuses on advising national and international companies and financial investors in transactional matters, in particular with regard to mergers and acquisitions, venture capital investments, joint ventures and security offerings.
Jan also regularly advises both buyers of W&I and transactional liability insurance products as well as a number of insurers in the W&I insurance market.
Besides his transactional work, Jan is standing legal counsel to several German and international companies, advising them on complex corporate issues as well as commercial and trade law matters. Prior to joining Mayer Brown in 2006, Jan worked as a legal clerk for another major international law firm.
In addition to his native German, Jan is fluent in English.
Advising coparion on the sale of Twenty Billion Neurons.
Advising Moving Intelligence on the acquisition of PLT Software GmbH.
Advising Lange-HANSA-Holding and ULM Management on the sale of HANSA-HEEMANN to Refresco.
- Advising a medium-sized enterprise active in the paper industry in respect of its transformation into a European stock corporation (SE), the acquisition of various participations, its restructuring as well as the issuance of a high yield bond.
- Advising a large German medical devices company on its acquisition of the global operations of a competing company.
- Advising a major German bank and their shareholders on the sale of the bank within a tender process.
- Advising a US orthopedics company on various M&A as well as corporate matters.
- Advising a private equity fund on the acquisition of a medium-sized enterprise of the metal industry as well as on the granting of management participations.
- Advising an international energy company on the sale of a German subsidiary in the metal industry, including a so-called vendor due diligence.
Doctor's Degree (PhD in law), University of Cologne, 2006
Second State Law Examination (bar exam)
Legal Clerkship (Referendariat)
District Court of Cologne, 2004-2006
LLM, Master in International Business and Commercial Law, University of East Anglia, 2002-2003
First State Law Examination
University of Trier
Studies of Law and Business Administration, 1997-2002
University of Hagen
Studies of Law and Business Administration, 2000-2001
- Cologne, Germany
- Lecturer on international commercial law in the Master of Science (M.Sc.) in International Management program at Steinbeis-University, School of International Business and Entrepreneurship