Mayer Brown’s Financial Services M&A practice counsels on transactions involving the world’s largest banks and savings institutions, insurance companies, broker-dealers, asset managers and finance companies. We handle matters ranging in size and complexity from small- and mid-size transactions within a single national or regional market to multibillion dollar cross-border transactions. We consider our greatest strength to be the attention, care and partner-led service we give, regardless of the size of the deal.
Recent experience includes:
- Represented Assured Guaranty Ltd. in the $429 million sale of its entire equity interest in Assured Investment Management LLC, the local investment management firm managing assets in hedge funds, private capital vehicles, single-investor funds and CLOs, to Sound Point Capital Management, L.P.
- Represented Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce in its $5 billion acquisition of NASDAQ-listed Private-Bancorp, Inc. and its subsidiary The PrivateBank, a middle market commercial bank with $17.7 billion in assets.
- Represented Envestnet in the acquisition of substantially all of the intellectual property assets of Apprise, LLC, a financial planning technology solutions provider, through Envestnet's wholly-owned subsidiary, Envestnet Financial Technologies, Inc.
- Represented Finaro, a financial technology company engaged with payment processing and acquiring bank solutions, in its $575 million sale to Shift4 Payments, Inc.
- Represented Fortress Investment Group in its acquisition of Guardian Asset Management, a leading investment advisor and provider of property management, inspection and repair services for REO properties.
- Represented Loan Star Funds in the $1.675 billion divestment of Caliber Home Loans to New Residential Investment Corp.
- Represented the special committee of the board of directors of Oaktree Capital Group in the $4.7 billion acquisition by Brookfield Asset Management Inc. of a 62 percent interest in Oaktree.
- Represented Ocwen Financial in its joint venture with Oaktree to launch a MSR investment vehicle with $250 million of expected investment capital.