Leader of Sanctions & Export Controls
Tamer A. Soliman
International Trade, Sanctions & Export Controls
Corporate and government clients in a wide range of industries, including aerospace and defense, sovereign wealth and investment funds, private equity, technology, banking and finance, and logistics, rely on Tamer’s counsel regarding export control, sanctions and related national security restrictions on trade.
Sanctions, Export Controls, and Regulation: Clients trust Tamer’s over two decades of experience handling complex export control and sanctions regulatory issues and enforcement proceedings spanning multiple jurisdictions. He handles cutting-edge issues involving application of the ITAR, EAR, and sanctions laws to both US and non-US entities.
- The aerospace and defense divisions of a major foreign company on the application of export/re-export control and sanctions laws to their operations, and successfully conducted multiple complex, cross-border investigations involving ITAR, EAR, OFAC and related regulatory regimes.
- Multiple sovereign wealth and private equity clients in connection on sanctions and export control compliance, due diligence and commercial issues related to co-investment opportunities, joint ventures, acquisition and divestitures.
- As lead counsel for a GCC defense contractor in connection with complex, $800 Million developmental aircraft and signal intelligence program involving sensitive defense trade procurement agreements with U.S. and European OEMs.
- A European based aerospace company, structuring cutting-edge global export licensing arrangements, to assist in obtaining sensitive U.S. Government approvals for global inventories of controlled goods and technologies to support customers around the world.
- University of Virginia, JD
Editor, Virginia Law Review