At Mayer Brown, we are committed to meeting our clients’ needs in the Middle East and offer a devoted team that is uniquely focused on the region and the many issues and opportunities that it presents. Our team provides exceptional on-the-ground experience in key jurisdictions, advising clients entering, exiting, expanding, and operating in or from the Middle East.
With decades of combined experience, our team’s deep personal and professional knowledge of the region, as well as its tried-and-tested network of trusted relationships, allow us to understand the intricacies of doing business in the Middle East—legal and otherwise—and how to avoid the many pitfalls of operating there. Our comprehensive understanding of the issues—and ability to navigate them skilfully and pragmatically—allow us to help our clients maximize their chances of a successful outcome.
- One of the largest national oil companies in the UAE in respect of claims made by a contractor arising out of a project for the development of an oilfield in the Al Dhafra region, Abu Dhabi.
- One of the largest Spanish infrastructure contractors in relation to a dispute arising in connection with the USD 2 billion expansion of the Dubai metro.
- A multinational company with commercial presence in more than 30 countries in a dispute with an international energy services company in relation to Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, and Instrumentation works as part of the Lower Fars Heavy Oil Development Programme.
- Two of the largest and most active construction contractors in the Middle East in ADCCAC proceedings against a key subcontractor on an airport terminal project.
- The main contractor on the MASAR Project in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in its claims against the employer, a development and construction company.