Mayer Brown’s Mergers & Acquisitions practice is among the largest and most sophisticated in the world. With a globally integrated team of more than 300 lawyers across four continents, we have extensive experience advising on a variety of complex, cross-border and high-profile, strategic transactions. We represent a broad spectrum of public and private companies, private equity and leveraged buyout firms, special committees and management groups around the world—including many Fortune 100, FTSE 100, CAC 40, HKE and DAX-listed companies.
Select M&A representations include:
- Represented ArcelorMittal in its $2.2 billion acquisition of steelmaker Companhia Siderúrgica do Pecém, furthering ArcelorMittal's strategy to produce low CO2 steel products.
- Represented Brookfield Infrastructure in the $4.1 billion sale of its wholly-owned North America district energy business, Enwave.
- Represented Caisse de Depot et Placement du Quebec in a $1.5 billion multifaceted transaction in which an investment vehicle composed of CDPQ, Invenergy, and funds managed by private equity firm Blackstone Infrastructure Partners acquired, from American Electric Power, a 1,365-megawatt renewables portfolio comprised of 14 projects representing 1,200 MW of wind and 165 MW of solar in 11 states.
- Represented CDK Global, Inc., a leading provider of dealer management systems and integrated information technology solutions to the automotive retailing and adjacent industries, in the $1.45 billion sale of its CDK international segment to private equity firm Francisco Partners Management, L.P.
- Represented Cummins in its $3.7 billion acquisition of Meritor, Inc., a NYSE-listed global leader of drivetrain, mobility, braking, aftermarket and electric powertrain solutions for commercial vehicle and industrial markets.
- Represented Elkay Manufacturing Company, a manufacturer of stainless steel sinks, in its $1.56 billion sale to Zurn Water Solutions Corporation.
- Represented Engie in the $1 billion acquisition of Broad Reach Power LLC, a company specialized in battery storage, from private equity funds EnCap Energy Transition and Apollo Infrastructure.
- Represented eOne, the entertainment content provider, in its $4 billion sale to Hasbro, Inc.
- Represented George Weston Limited in the CAD 1.2 billion sale of its Weston Foods fresh and frozen bakery businesses to affiliated entities of FGF Brands Inc.
- Represented The Hartford Financial in the sale of Navigators Holdings (Europe) NV, the European insurance business, to Premia Holdings Ltd, in a complex carve out involving four separate transactions, including divesting businesses based in Belgium and the Netherlands to other buyers.
- Represented Lone Star Funds in the $1.675 billion sale of its portfolio company, Caliber Home Loans, Inc., to New Residential Investment Corp., combining two leading non-bank originators and servicers of mortgage loans.
- Represented Mediawan, a leading independent premium content studio in Europe, on the acquisition of Plan B Entertainment, an award-winning US based production company co-founded and led by Brad Pitt, along with co-presidents Dede Gardner and Jeremy Kleiner.
- Represented Nestlé in the $4.3 billion sale of its North American bottled water business to private equity firm One Rock Capital Partners, LLC in partnership with Metropoulos & Co.
Mayer Brown Ranked Among Top Law Firms for Dealmaking
Mayer Brown has been ranked as a Deft Dealmaker in BTI Consulting Group’s "M&A Outlook 2022: A Whole New World of M&A" report, which covers key trends and changes in the M&A legal market. Mayer Brown was selected for "bringing a rare sense of deal savvy, determination, and boundless energy to get the deal done," according to the report.
Chambers USA 2021
Clients highlight, "I think very highly of Mayer Brown and it is our preferred firm for M&A," and that the team is "practical, efficient and commercially savvy in its advice."
Mayer Brown is “a formidable firm with a talented M&A group," and "all of its attorneys are very professional.”