Mayer Brown is an international leader in representing financial services institutions on contentious, insolvency and regulatory matters. We have broad experience in such matters as lender liability, financial instruments, leveraged buyouts, corporate trust issues, lead lender disputes, automobile leasing, securities law, common law contract and fraud, RICO, and all of the various fraudulent transfer and preference claims that arise out of bankruptcy proceedings.
- Representing lenders, creditors, managers and receivers of SIVs and CDOs on issues arising from the "credit crunch" and the fallout from the sub-prime mortgage market.
- Advice on contractual and professional negligence issues arising from the flotation of an investment trust and the collapse of the splits market.
- Advising hedge funds and other investors/liquidators on shareholder activism and potential claims.
- Defending litigation over loan notes following the collapse of a financial institution.
- Trade finance disputes including those involving documentary credits.
- Advising banks on money laundering issues and requests for evidence in criminal proceedings.
- White collar crime.
- International fraud and asset tracing.
- Asset management and claims concerning the provision of custody services.
- Constructive trust claims and defenses.