Mayer Brown’s global corporate trust and agency team regularly advises market-leading corporate trust providers across the entire product lifecycle. We recognize that corporate trust providers view the financial markets through a different lens—and that’s why we have a dedicated industry-focused team of lawyers experienced in the industry.
Our highly skilled team members are across the Americas, Asia-Pacific and Europe, combining detailed market knowledge of the world’s major financial markets with practical experience. Due to our extensive global reach and depth of industry experience, we provide our clients with efficient, unique insights.
With our decades of market leadership, we offer cutting-edge financial product innovation and technical knowledge, while also balancing risk management concerns against the commercial realities our clients face.
Mayer Brown corporate trust and agency lawyers have advised on the following recent key transactions and matters:
- Served as trustee counsel in connection with Continuum Energy Aura’s US$350 million private placement of floating rate notes. This transaction was recognized by India Business Law Journal as one of the winning Deals of the Year 2022 in India.
- Represented TMF Trustee Limited as security trustee and various agency roles on multi-jurisdictional US$1.4 billion debt restructuring for Brazilian sugar and ethanol producer Biosev, which was named one of Global Trade Review’s Best Deals of 2022.
- Acting as LIBOR-transition counsel for Citibank, The Bank of New York Mellon, including for its corporate trust and default administration business line, and HSBC’s agency and trust business line.
- Represented China Construction Bank (Asia) Corporation Limited as trustee in connection with the consent solicitation and exchange offer (and resulting notes issuance) exercise in respect of multiple tranches of notes issued by Zhongliang Holdings Group Company Limited. The consent solicitation resulted in a covenant strip for certain existing tranches of notes and addition of carve-outs to events of default triggers for certain other tranches.
- Advised The Bank of New York Mellon, as indenture trustee, and The Bank of New York Mellon, London Branch, as bond trustee, in connection with the issuance of multiple classes of notes by a statutory trust entity incorporated in Delaware and issuance of Japanese yen-denominated bonds issued by a Japanese limited liability company, respectively, in connection with a Japanese auto loans receivables securitization.