The Second Edition, Release #4 of the Securities Investigations: Internal, Civil and Criminal is a practice-oriented reference for practitioners who need to know not only the most recent law governing internal, civil, and criminal investigations involving potential violation of the securities laws, but also the nuances and practical tips that can only be shared by lawyers deeply experienced in such investigations.
The treatise is authored by Mayer Brown’s experienced team of legal practitioners who have collectively handled hundreds of securities law investigations and proceedings, ranging from internal investigations of minor problems identified by robust corporate compliance programs to high-profile criminal prosecutions. The treatise is a go-to resource that addresses enforcement efforts and response strategies, followed by discussions of relevant substantive legal provisions.
- Overview of Federal, State and SRO Securities Enforcement Efforts: Strategies for Responding to Multiple Investigations and Related Actions
- Civil Enforcement of Federal Securities Laws - Substantive Violations
- Criminal Statutes Charged in Securities Cases
- Organizational Sentencing Guidelines
- The Role of Corporate Internal Investigations
- Conducting Internal Investigations
- Attorney-Client and Work Product Considerations in Internal Investigations
- Defending Grand Jury Investigations
- Defending an SEC Investigation
- Cooperation in SEC and DOJ cases
- The SEC's Office of Compliance Inspections and Examinations
- FINRA Investigations
- Cross-Border Regulation of Financial Markets
- The FCPA: Enforcement by the SEC
- Dealing with Parallel Actions
- Representing Individuals in Securities Investigations
- Communication with the Company's Auditor in a Securities Investigation
- Employment Issues in Securities Investigations
For more information about Mayer Brown’s Litigation team, please click here.