Co-leader of Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Richard A. Spehr
Banking & Finance Litigation
Richard Spehr leads Mayer Brown’s global Litigation & Dispute Resolution practice. Formerly the managing partner of Mayer Brown’s New York office, Rich is an experienced trial lawyer whose practice focuses on complex commercial litigation, including federal and state securities laws, internal investigations, SEC investigations, DOJ investigations (including FIRREA), international arbitration (ICC, CEDR, LCIA, UNCITRAL), derivatives, banking, and financial services broadly.
- Represented international bank in FIRREA litigation and related civil cases involving collapsed multi-billion dollar ponzi scheme.
- Represented several major banks in RMBS class action litigation.
- Represented bank syndicate in lender liability litigation.
- Represented a major pharmaceutical company in a significant AAA arbitration concerning a licensing dispute.
- Represented major bank in claw back litigation.
- State University of New York at Binghamton, BA
- St. John's University School of Law, JD
Editor, St. John's Law Review; St. Thomas More Scholar
- New York
- US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- US District Court for the Southern District of New York
- US District Court for the Eastern District of New York