Financial Services Regulatory & Enforcement
Matthew Bisanz is a partner in Mayer Brown’s Financial Services Regulatory & Enforcement practice. He counsels domestic and global financial services firms on a variety of banking and derivatives regulatory issues.
- Counseled non-US banks on entry into the US market and restructuring of US operations to maximize regulatory and cost efficiency.
- Advised clients on governance structures relating to implementation of the Federal Reserve’s Regulation YY and the OCC’s Heightened Standards and revised Comptroller’s Handbook.
- Guided US and non-US banks in complying with the Federal Reserve’s capital and liquidity stress testing and reporting regimes, including by structuring transactions to minimize capital charges.
- Assisted financial institutions in drafting and filing Change in Bank Control Act and trust powers regulatory filings.
- Provided financial institutions with advice and opinions regarding clearinghouse membership issues, default fund contributions, and insolvency protections.
- Drafted banking and commodities-related disclosures in US securities filings and similar documentation for US and non-US reporting companies.
- Georgetown University, LLM, with distinction
- Georgetown University, JD
Operations Projects Editor, Georgetown Journal of Legal Ethics
- New York University
Advanced Graduate Certificate
- University of Maryland Global Campus
Master of Science
- Hofstra University, MBA, with distinction
Beta Alpha Psi; Alumni Submission Editor, Hofstra Journal of International Business & Law
- Hofstra University, BA, magna cum laude
Phi Beta Kappa
- District of Columbia
- New Jersey
- New York
Professional & Community Involvement
- Member, Banking Law Committee, American Bar Association
- Chair, Legislation and Regulation Subcommittee, Banking Law Committee
- Member, Exchequer Club
- Member, 2021 Banking Editorial Advisory Board, Law360
- Adjunct Professor of Accounting, University of Maryland Global Campus
- Certified Public Accountant, New York State Board for Public Accountancy
- Certified Public Accountant, District of Columbia Board of Accountancy