Teresa Gerhold-Kempf is an associate in the Antitrust practice in Düsseldorf, currently on secondment to the London office.
Teresa advises on all aspects of German and European antitrust and competition law, including complex merger control proceedings and antitrust investigations before German and European authorities, as well as foreign direct investment control proceedings. In addition, she advises on various compliance issues, especially in the ESG space and the implementation of supply chain due diligence laws. She has previously been seconded to the London office, extending her international experience.
Prior to joining Mayer Brown, Teresa has worked for a renowned international law firm in Düsseldorf.
- Advising Hydro on the acquisition of Hueck group and its building systems and extrusions business.
- Advising HOERBIGER on the acquisition of JOHNSON MATTHEY Piezo Products GmbH.
- Advising DBAG on its acquisition of akquinet and two data processing centers.
- Advised Lange-HANSA-Holding and ULM Management on the sale of HANSA-HEEMANN to Refresco.
- Advised Aurubis in a complex phase 2 EU merger proceeding in relation to the acquisition of Metallo Group.
Second State Law Examination (bar exam), Higher Regional Court of Düsseldorf
Legal Clerkship (Referendariat), Higher Regional Court of Düsseldorf
King's College London, Mater of Laws (LLM)
First State Law Examination, University of Heidelberg
- Düsseldorf, Germany
- German Association of Antitrust Lawyers