"Recommended as Top Lawyer for Corporate Law in Germany”WirtschaftsWoche 2020
Dr. Fabio Borggreve is a partner in the Frankfurt office of Mayer Brown's Corporate & Securities practice.
Fabio has experience in advising private equity and strategic investors on M&A transactions, e.g. disposals, buy-outs, management participation and joint ventures mostly in complex cross-border scenarios involving several jurisdictions. Fabio also advises multi-national corporations on complex reorganizations and general matters of German corporate law.
Fabio has a special focus on M&A transactions in the Industrial Products, Aviation and Technology sector.
Prior to joining Mayer Brown, Fabio practiced at other international law firms in Germany.
- Advised Loar Group Inc. on the acquisition of SCHROTH Safety Products GmbH and SCHROTH Safety Products LLC from Perusa.*
- Advised EVS Holding GmbH on its sale of all shares in EVS Translations GmbH to Unbabel Inc.*
- Advised Planon on the acquisition of Control IT Unternehmensberatung GmbH form its founders and several investors.*
- Advised Generaxion on the acquisition of wyn digital GmbH. Generaxion is an AI and platform service provider owned by Adelis Equity Partners.*
- Advised a CDP Venture Capita firm regarding its Series A investment in an Italian-German Fintech company, an innovative cloud-based platform with an open architecture offering a variety of API services and solutions.*
- Advised McMorgan with respect to its secondary Private Equity investment in VTG, a real estate vehicle for investments in Germany.*
- Advised one of UK’s leading private equity firms regarding its acquisition of the European and Asia-Pacific operations of a US manufacturer of consumer lawn, garden, and pest control products.*
- Advised CMS Distribution Limited on the acquisition of sysob Group, a value-added distributor of security, networking, and server-based computing products, based in Bavaria, Germany, from Beyond Capital and its founder.*
- Advised a German private equity company on the acquisition of a German foundry operator from another German private equity firm in a secondary buyout.*
- Advised a German private equity company on the sale of one of Germany’s major bakery chains to a French restaurant group.*
- Advised a Canadian pension fund on its minority participation together with another Canadian pension fund in a consortium, led by a listed private equity group, on the acquisition of Germany’s leading provider of heat and water sub-metering services.*
- Advised one of the world largest distributors of electronic components and embedded solutions, based in the US, on its acquisition of a German distributor of embedded computer technology and display solutions.*
- Advised a South African private equity fund on its investment in a Berlin-based off grid solar developer for the African market.*
- Advised the founders of a German human resources service provider regarding the sale of their company to Triton Partners.*
- Advised a Dutch multinational courier delivery service company on the sale of its overnight delivery business to a private equity investor.*
- Advised a UK-based multinational consumer packaging company on the sale of its pharmaceutical devices and prescription retail business to a South African private equity firm.*
(* At previous law firm.)
University Frankfurt, Master in Finance (M.A.)
Ruprecht-Karls-University Heidelberg, Promotion Dr. iur.
Higher Regional Court of Düsseldorf, Second State Examination
University of Cologne, First State Examination
- Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- German Bar Association (DAV)
- Association for Corporate Law (VGR)
- Recommended as Top Lawyer for Corporate Law in Germany by WirtschaftsWoche 2020.