Marina Aronchik is a partner in Mayer Brown’s Technology Transactions and Corporate & Securities practices. Marina focuses on digital services, emerging technologies and outsourcing deals. She also regularly works on M&A deals, focusing on technology and service agreements and issues.
Marina has extensive experience structuring and negotiating agreements with digital services providers, including public, private, hybrid cloud and other “as a Service” deals (SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS) and data analytics and licensing contracts. Marina has also represented clients in a variety of software development and licensing, ERP implementation and systems integration transactions.
In the past five years, Marina has handled an increasing number of complex robotic automation (RPA), artificial intelligence (AI) and connected device (Internet of Things or IoT) deals in a variety of industries. She has also assisted clients with digital transformations, data sharing agreements and other bespoke arrangements as part of companies’ ever more complex needs for digital services and pursuit of new business opportunities.
Marina has represented clients in various industries in complex global IT and business process outsourcing transactions of all types, including facilities management, finance and accounting, human resources, and procurement services. She also has experience with restructuring and renegotiating outsourcing transactions, and other strategic sourcing relationships.
Marina brings her experience and insights to M&A transactions, where she advises on technology and services issues and negotiates short-term and long-term services agreements. Marina has particularly deep expertise in handling services agreements (including site service and operating service agreements) as part of M&A in the chemical industry.
Marina’s practice benefits from majoring in Information Technology Management as an undergraduate and working as a software programmer and database administrator (including work on an SAP ERP implementation) before attending law school.
- Represented a global capital goods company in negotiations of a series of software, digital services and data agreements as part of digital transformation of the agriculture-related portion of the business.
- Represented a global food and agriculture company in negotiations of a strategic cloud ERP deal.
- Represented a food service distributor in the negotiation of software license and implementation agreements of on-premises and cloud ERP systems as part of the company’s digital transformation.
- Represented a multinational chemical company in the negotiation of short-term and long-term services agreements for IT, business, site and operating services as part of M&A transactions.
- Represented a franchised restaurant chain in negotiations with a digital ordering platform provider.
- Represented a multinational professional services firm in negotiations with various cloud platform providers, including providers of storage and collaboration services.
- Represented a global online service provider and media/publishing entity on technology issues and a transition services agreement in connection with a carve-out divestiture of a trademark solution.
- Represented a global online service provider and media/publishing entity in the negotiations with cloud providers such as Rackspace and CenturyLink.
- Represented a global pharmaceutical company in the negotiation of a strategic agreement for information technology services, including robotics implementation.
- Represented a multinational chemical company in the negotiation of a strategic agreement for integrated facilities management and real estate services.
- Represented a nationwide retailer in outsourcing of IT and data center functions and licensing of an artificial intelligence solution.
- Represented a multinational information provider in multiple phases of its outsourcing of finance and accounting.
- Represented a global publishing company in a number of information technology transactions, including cloud computing agreements.
- Represented a financial services provider in the negotiations of a large-scale system implementation and maintenance agreement.
IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law, JD
with honors, Dean’s List
Executive Articles Editor, Chicago-Kent Law Review
Christian Brothers University, BS, summa cum laude