Mayer Brown has a long history of helping businesses maximize opportunities and address challenges in jurisdictions across Southeast Asia. Clients have come to expect solutions that help them navigate competently and pragmatically because our counsel combines a fluent understanding of their issues with unparalleled local market knowledge.
Recognizing Singapore as an important financial centre and legal marketplace, our Singapore office has formed a joint law venture (“JLV”) with Singapore law firm PK Wong & Nair LLC to offer even more robust counsel on international and Singapore law.
- Advising Singapore LNG on its landmark offshore LNG import project in Singapore, including drafting and amending the FSRU time charter, developing a complex risk matrix assessing the key risks across the project documents and considering the interface issues across SLNG’s multi-user TUAs.
- Advised a data centre operator, backed by one of the largest investment management MNCs, on the exit of its facility in Singapore.
- Advised Magna International, a Canada-based NYSE/TSX-listed leading automotive parts producer, on its US$10 million investment into a fund established by a Singapore state investor-backed venture capital firm as a Singapore limited partnership focused on investments in Southeast Asia and India.
- Advised KEXIM, JBIC, NEXI, and the commercial lenders on the US$2.8 billion financing of the Donggi Senoro LNG project in Indonesia.
- Advised project sponsors BASF and Eramet on the EPC contract for the construction of a US$2.6 billion nickel smelter project in Indonesia that will supply nickel and cobalt to Tesla and BYD for the manufacture of EV batteries.
- Advised Mitsui O.S.K. Lines on its participation in every aspect of the 1,760MW Jawa 1 LNG-to-power project in Indonesia.
- Advised JBIC, Mizuho Bank, and other commercial lenders on the 47MW Rajamandala hydropower project in Indonesia, with the commercial tranche of the debt covered by a sovereign guarantee provided by the World Bank through MIGA.
- Advised JV owner NYK on its joint venture bid with PT Nusantara Regas to provide FSRU and EPC services to PT Freeport Indonesia.