Mayer Brown represents a diverse range of clients who value legal excellence, technical knowledge and business vision. Mayer Brown’s Connected & Autonomous Vehicles group provides clients with integrated, practical advice in negotiations, regulatory compliance and internal governance tailored to the needs of the automotive industry.
- Represent the Automotive Information Sharing and Analysis Center (“ISAC”), the purpose of which is to facilitate cybersecurity awareness and coordination across the automotive industry, in corporate governance and the negotiation of information technology and other services agreements, and represented the Automotive ISAC in connection with the successful motion to quash a subpoena to produce materials in connection with a lawsuit against one of the ISAC’s members – the first subpoena to be served on an ISAC.
- Represented a major vehicle manufacturer in negotiating contracts with providers of original equipment and after-market telematics equipment and services, including wireless vehicle connectivity and a wide range of features such as entertainment, safety, maintenance, communication and navigation.
- Advised a leading Asian Motor trading group (with a number of popular consumer brands) on unauthorized access to customer data through use of search engines. Our advice included whether and how data security breach notification needs to be given to the Privacy Commissioner and/or affected customers.
- Advised a major vehicle manufacturer on the legality of a proposed program for monitoring encrypted communications passing through the client's computer systems. The first phase of the project involved advice on US law. The second phase of the project involved advice on the proposed program's legality in several jurisdictions around the world.
- Regularly advise major vehicle manufacturers on NHTSA product safety matters regarding autonomous vehicles.