"Recommended lawyer" in the areas of Corporate and M&ALegal 500 Deutschland 2018
Carsten Flaßhoff is a Corporate partner in Mayer Brown´s Düsseldorf office. He is an experienced transaction lawyer and advises on corporate acquisitions, private equity transactions and on joint venture projects in Germany and abroad. Furthermore, he advises on merger law and other areas of corporate law as well as on restructurings. Also, he is the head of the German automotive group.
Carsten´s clients include national and international companies, private equity investors and financial institutions. He has experience in various areas and industries, including the engineering, automotive supplier, chemical, steel, aluminum, and finance industry.
- Advised BENTELER on sale of shares in SGL.
- Advised on the sale of Gartencenter Münsterland Group to the Dehner Group.
- Advised Spearhead Integrated Marketing Communication Group on the acquisition of all shares in Smaato Holding AG.
- Advised TUI Ventures on acquisition of shares of peakwork AG.
- Advised Avedon Capital Partners on the sale of Tesch Inkasso Group to Lowell GFKL Group.
- Advised Knorr-Bremse on the acquisition of tedrive Steering Systems GmbH.
- Advised Tesch Group on the acquisition of mediafinanz AG.
- Advised Avedon Capital Partners on the sale of GRW Bearing GmbH to US aerospace and industrial distribution company Kaman Corporation.
- Advised Knorr-Bremse on the acquisition of rail transport division of TMD Friction.
- Advised the Belgian CMI Group on various M&A transactions and general corporate matters.
- Advised an international automotive supplier on the formation of a joint venture.
- Advised the Indian-Arab company Microsol on its strategic acquisition of Solon SE.
- Advised Depfa Bank plc., a subsidiary of Hypo Real Estate Holding AG, in the transfer of risk positions and non-strategic business areas to FMS Wertmanagement AöR.
- Advised the German Special Financial Market Stabilization Fund (Sonderfonds Finanzmarktstabilisierung/SoFFin) in connection with stabilization measures for WestLB including the formation of the first German bad bank.
- Advised Azkoyen S.A. on the acquisition of a majority stake in primion Technology AG.
- Advised Caterpillar Inc. on the acquisition of the Mannheim engine builder MWM Holding GmbH.
- Advised an international automotive supplier on various M&A projects.
- Advised a private equity investor with regard to the partial restructuring of a bank.
- Advised Forum Partners (UK) LLP on the formation of a joint venture with a local partner to create a joint investment platform.
- Advised Navteq Corporation, a company of the Nokia Group, on the acquisition of T-Traffic GmbH from T-Systems.
- Advised NIBC Capital Partners on the acquisition of Gebr. Reinfurt GmbH & Co. KG.
- Advised dahm AG on the sale of Fliegel Data GmbH and herbert dahm Datensysteme GmbH to CompuGroup.
- Advised JER Real Estate Advisors (UK) LLP on the acquisition of the Marriott Hotel in Munich.
- Advised Norsk Hydro on the sale of Norsk Hydro Magnesium Gesellschaft mbH in Bottrop, Germany and Hydro Magnesium Xi’an Co. Ltd. in Xi’an, China.
- Advised a Finnish chemical group on various M&A projects.
- Advised a Dutch chemical company with regard to a comprehensive corporate restructuring of one of its divisions.
LLM, Tulane University Law School, USA, 1997-1998
Second State Law Examination (bar exam), Munich, 1997
Legal Clerkship (Referendariat), Landshut, Munich and Leipzig, 1995-1997
First State Law Examination, Munich, 1995
Universities of Trier and Munich, 1990-1995
- Cologne, Germany
- Member of the board of the Germany-American Lawyers' Association (DAJV)
- "Recommended lawyer" in the areas of Corporate and M&A – Legal 500 Deutschland 2018
- "Frequently recommended lawyer" in the area of M&A – JUVE Handbook 2017/2018
- "very pragmatic, excellent cooperation" (client) – JUVE Handbook 2017/2018