„...praised by clients for its know how and efficiency...”Legal 500 Germany 2020
Dr. Johannes Weichbrodt is a partner in the Düsseldorf office of Mayer Brown's Antitrust practice.
Johannes advises on all aspects of European and German antitrust and competition law and helps clients with all kinds of compliance matters. His extensive experiences includes the set up and implementation of global compliance programs in different jurisdictions with a particular focus on Latin America. Johannes has acted on high-profile merger cases and includes proceedings before the European Court of Justice with a focus on clients in the automotive and heavy industry as well as the consumer goods and retail sector.
Prior to joining Mayer Brown, Johannes has worked as a partner for another renowned international law firm in Düsseldorf.
- Regularly conducts internal investigations and represents clients before authorities such as Federal Cartel Office in Germany and the EU Commission in antitrust and other compliance-related investigations.
- Represented automotive suppliers in the Occupant Safety and the Wire Harness cases of the EU Commission.*
- Represented a German company in cartel proceedings in Greece and other European countries.*
- Set-up and conducted a comprehensive compliance audits for several automotive companies in different countries in Latin America and Australia.*
- Conducted a comprehensive internal investigation into fraud and cartel issues at German/international automotive company.*
- Advised on a number of high-profile EU, German and multijurisdictional merger control proceedings such as Aurubis in a complex phase 2 EU merger proceeding in relation to the acquisition of Metallo Group.*
- LKQ in the EU merger proceeding and the subsequent national referral proceeding in relation to the acquisition of Stahlgruber.*
- Accenture in numerous merger control proceedings before the FCO.*
- Otto Group in its acquisition of Quelle assets.*
- Successfully defended a US consumer goods company against claims of abusive behavior including in the appellate stage.*
- Represented Villeroy & Boch before the European Court of Justice in cartel appellate proceedings.*
(* At previous law firm.)
Doctor's Degree (PhD in Law), University of Passau (Dr. iur. summa cum laude), 2011
King's College London, Master of Laws (LLM)
Second State Law Examination (bar exam), Higher Regional Court of Hamburg, 2008
Legal Clerkship (Referendariat), Higher Regional Court of Hamburg
First State Law Examination, University of Passau, 2004
- Düsseldorf, Germany
- German Association of Antitrust Lawyers
- German Bar Association
- German Latin America Association
- International Bar Association
- „...praised by clients for its know how and efficiency...” – Legal 500 Germany 2020
- Best Lawyers in Germany for antitrust & competition law – Handelsblatt in cooperation with Best Lawyers, 2019