Liquefied natural gas (LNG) and energy sector clients turn to Sean Prior for his sector expertise as one of the leading LNG lawyers in the world, and his more than twenty years of experience as an energy and projects lawyer, in bringing a wide variety of energy, resources and projects transactions to successful close.
- A major SOE in a South-east Asian jurisdiction on all FSRU-related aspects of its landmark offshore LNG import project and its first tender in this area.
- A consortium on its now successful bid in connection with a major resources project in Indonesian – the bid envisages supply of an FSRU, LNG supply and a TUA structure.
- Karadeniz in relation to the development of an FSRU-to-powership project in South Africa, including the development of a suite of documentation consisting of multiple FSRU charter & FSRU O&M agreements, the gas sales agreement, drafting and negotiating the long-term LNG SPA and advising on interface issues in respect of the PPA.
- A confidential client in connection with all aspects of its LNG-to-power project in South Korea, including the development of a multi-user LNG terminal use agreement to be utilised in connection with its LNG regasification terminal and drafting and negotiating the long-term LNG SPA.
- Next Generation Partner - Energy: Foreign Firms, Singapore – The Legal 500 Asia Pacific
- Rising Star - Energy: Foreign Firms, Singapore – The Legal 500 Asia Pacific
- Next Generation Lawyer - Projects and Energy: Foreign Firms, Singapore – The Legal 500 Asia Pacific
- Notable Practitioner - Project Development, Energy and Infrastructure, Singapore – IFLR1000
- Rising Star - Energy and Infrastructure – IFLR1000
- Leading Practitioner, Energy – Who's Who Legal
- Infrastructure Lawyer of the Year, Emerging Markets Awards – The Asian Lawyer
- The College of Law, Post Graduate Diploma in Law
- University of the Witwatersrand, Bachelor of Laws
- University of the Witwatersrand, Bachelor of Commerce
- England and Wales
Professional & Community Involvement
- Vice-chairman, AMPLA Singapore