'Tim Nosworthy is very client-centred and commercially pragmatic.’Legal 500 2021
Tim Nosworthy is a partner in Mayer Brown’s Fund Formation & Investment Management group in London.
He advises managers, investors and other industry participants on a wide range of funds-related matters, including fund formations; joint ventures; co-investments; fund investments; secondary transactions; and acquisitions of fund management businesses. He has considerable experience across a number of asset classes, including real estate, private equity and infrastructure.
Consistently ranked as a key individual by the legal directories, Tim is identified as "thoughtful and experienced" with a "pulse on investor sentiment globally" (Chambers UK 2014). A "good organiser, calm and confident" (Legal 500 2014), clients appreciate his willingness to explore all the options available (Chambers UK 2013).
The College of Law, Chester
University of Oxford
- England and Wales
Consistently ranked as a key individual by the legal directories
- Listed as a key lawyer for M&A, Tim Nosworthy is a key port of call for the firm's fund manager client base. (Legal 500 2022);
- 'Tim Nosworthy is very client-centred and commercially pragmatic.’ (Legal 500 2021);
- Key contact (Private Funds) Tim Nosworthy is noteworthy and listed under 'Other key lawyers' (Legal 500 2020 Private Equity);
- Highly regarded (IFLR 1000 2019 – Private Equity Funds and Real Estate Funds);
- The incredibly engaged and proactive [private equity] team also includes Tim Nosworthy (Legal 500 2018);
- Tim Nosworthy handles fund formation work, including matters with significant mainland European elements and debt funds. He also advises British pension investors. (Legal 500 2018 Private Funds);
- He is identified as a "very good lawyer - he's an excellent communicator, on top of all the detail and highly dependable." (Chambers UK 2015);
- "a good organiser, calm and confident" (Legal 500 2014);
- is identified by sources as "thoughtful and experienced." His international capability is also a key draw, with one interviewee noting: "He understands not only UK issues but cross-border issues. He has a pulse on investor sentiment globally and is good at hooking us up with other offices." (Chambers UK 2014);
- he possesses a "calm and efficient" style and clients appreciate his willingness to explore all the options available (Chambers UK 2013);
- is "attentive, responsive and commercial" (Chambers UK 2012);
- he has a fantastic grasp of a client's needs: "He understands that not every product needs to come off the shelf and not every product needs to be bespoke; he gets that balance between standard practice and customisation." (Chambers UK 2011).