Tina Hoffmann is counsel in the Frankfurt office of Mayer Brown’s Corporate as well as Restructuring practice. She advises national and international clients on mergers and acquisitions, restructurings, in insolvency law matters as well as in corporate matters and general matters of commercial and trade law. Further to her transactional work she advises national and international clients on an ongoing basis, with a focus on the automotive supply industry.
Tina Hoffmann joined Mayer Brown in January 2016. She speaks fluent German and English.
Areas of Focus
Restructuring, Bankruptcy & Insolvency (selection)
- Advised Turkish ground-handling company with respect to the protective shield proceeding of Condor Flugdienst GmbH.
- Represented a leading German automotive supplier on its successful debut high-yield bond offering of €275 million senior secured notes in the course of the financial restructuring.
Mergers & Acquisitions (including Distressed M&A) and Joint Ventures (selection)
- Advised Powerfleet on the acquisition of Movingdots from Swiss Re.
- Advised HOERBIGER on the acquisition of JOHNSON MATTHEY Piezo Products GmbH.
- Advised Lear Corporation, a global automotive technology leader in Seating and E-Systems, on the acquisition of I.G. Bauerhin (IGB).
- Advised Aptos on the sale of its supply chain management business unit to TESISQUARE®.
- Represented Raffinerie Heide GmbH in the formation of a partly publicly funded joint venture with Orsted Wind Power GmbH and EDF Deutschland GmbH regarding the construction and operation of a 30 MW electrolysis plant for the production of green hydrogen from wind power at the site of Heide refinery.
- Advised Lear Corporation on acquisition of Kongsberg Automotive’s Interior Comfort Systems Business Unit.
- Advised Moving Intelligence on the acquisition of PLT Software GmbH.
- Advised TUI Group on the sale of its special travel businesses Berge & Meer Touristik GmbH and Boomerang Reisen GmbH to GENUI Partners.
- Advised the Steadfast Capital Fund III L.P. and AVS Management on the sale of its shares in AVS Group to funds advised by Triton as well as to the AVS management.
- Advised British private equity investor STAR Capital Partners on the sale of Blohm+Voss to Lürssen shipyard.
- Advised WiseTech Global, a leading developer and provider of software solutions to the logistics execution industry globally, on its public tender offer for shares in Softship AG, a leading provider of software solutions and related services to the international liner shipping sector.
- Advised Beijing Enterprises Holdings Limited on the acquisition of EEW Energy from Waste GmbH from Swedish investor EQT for a purchase price of approximately EUR 1.4 billion. This acquisition was so far the largest M&A transaction of a Chinese company in Germany.
Corporate and Commercial and trade law (selection)
- Ongoing corporate and commercial law advice to German subsidiaries of listed US automotive suppliers, including on warranty and product liability issues, recalls, supply, warranty, development, consignment stock, service and logistics agreements, joint ventures and other types of agreements.
- Ongoing commercial law advise to a leading manufacturer of industrial valves, drives and automation technology, including on issues of warranty and product liability, recalls, supply, warranty, service, consignment stock and logistics contracts as well as the drafting of general terms and conditions.
- Ongoing corporate and commercial law advice to an international glass manufacturer, including on warranty and product liability issues, as well as general terms and conditions.
- Ongoing contract law advice to a leading tire manufacturer including warranty and product liability cases, recall, supply, warranty, service, logistics and other contracts.
- Ongoing corporate and commercial law advice to a listed international chemical company.
- Ongoing corporate and commercial law advice to a family owned sawmill group.
Second State Law Examination (bar exam)
Legal Clerkship (Referendariat)
Landau i.d. Pfalz, Frankfurt am Main, London
First State Law Examination
University of Mainz
- Frankfurt am Main, Germany