"Frequently recommended lawyer" in the area of Lending and Acquisition FinanceJUVE Handbook 2017/2018
Martin Heuber is a partner in the Frankfurt office of Mayer Brown's Banking & Finance practice. He advises corporates, financial institutions and sponsors on all aspects of debt financing, in particular on syndicated lending, acquisition finance as well as real estate finance. Martin has also advised on various restructurings. Furthermore, he deals with digitalization issues in the field of financial services, such as increasing the efficiency and quality and optimizing the entire value chain of financial service providers.
Martin is a lecturer for corporate finance / acquisition finance law at University St. Gallen.
Before joining Mayer Brown in 2016, Martin worked for another international law firm in Frankfurt.
- Advised an international bank as documentation agent of a syndicated revolving facility for an MDAX company.
- Advised a portfolio company on its refinancing by way of a syndicated facilities agreement.
- Advised a banking consortium on a EUR 1.25 billion syndicated revolving multi-currency facility.
- Advised an international bank on the refinancing of a syndicated revolving credit facility for a chemical company.
- Advised an automobile company on various syndicated facilities.
- Advised a banking consortium on a fully underwritten acquisition facility for an MDAX company.
- Advised a banking consortium on an EUR 230 million facilities agreement in relation to the acquisition of an infrastructure company.
- Advised a banking consortium on the fully underwritten acquisition facility for a technology company for the acquisition of a US target.
- Advised an international bank on sole underwriting for an equity investor for the intended acquisition of a listed company.
- Advised a DAX company on the acquisition financing for the acquisition of a US target.
- Advised an international bank in relation to the financing of the acquisition of an industrial supplier by a sponsor by way of junior and senior high yield notes and certain super senior facilities.
- Advised a banking consortium on the financing of a steel trading group by way of a bond and a syndicated loan and the subsequent refinancing of the syndicated loan.
- Advised a banking consortium on the refinancing of a manufacturing company by way of a high yield bond and a syndicated loan.
- Advised a listed company in relation to its refinancing by way of a senior loan and a high yield bond.
- Advised an international conglomerate on the financing of the acquisition of an infrastructure company via the issuance of high yield bonds and certain loans.
Real Estate Finance
- Advised an international bank on the financing for a private equity fund for the acquisition of a commercial real estate portfolio.
- Advised an equity investor on the refinancing of its commercial real estate portfolio.
- Advised a private equity fund on its bid for the acquisition of a commercial real estate portfolio through a debt purchase transaction.
- Advised a fund on the financing of the acquisition of a major office building.
- Advised arranging banks on syndicate loan for reacquisition of a sizeable OpCo/PrepCo hotel Portfolio.
Restructuring & Insolvency
- Advised a private equity fund on the restructuring of the multi-layer financing for a portfolio company.
- Advised an opportunities fund as mezzanine lender on the financial restructuring of an automotive company.
- Advised a foreign bank on the restructuring and refinancing of a group of wind farm operators/owners.
- Advised a manufacturing company with regard to its corporate and financial restructuring, in particular with regard to its various loans and debt instruments and its subsequent refinancing.
- Advised a banking consortium on the (attempted) financial restructuring and subsequent sale (out of insolvency proceedings) of a manufacturing company.
- Advised an investment bank on a EUR 850 million margin loan transaction.
- Advised an equity investor on a EUR 50 million margin loan transaction.
- Advised an investment bank on a EUR 550 million margin loan and subsequent hedging transactions.
- Advised a DAX company on its EUR 1.1 billion structured financing.
- Advised a German bank on the restructuring of certain of its lending activities through a structured finance transaction.
- Advised a banking consortium on a borrowing-base facility for an international commodities trader.
- Advised an alternative capital provider on asset-based financing for a logistics company.
- Advised an international banking consortium in relation to asset-based lending for an international transportation company.
- Advised a banking consortium on the asset-based financing for a rail rental company.
- Advised a German bank in relation to the restructuring of a container financing provided to a shipping fund.
Second State Law Examination (bar exam)Berlin, 2008
Legal Clerkship (Referendariat)Berlin Regional Higher Court (Kammergericht), Federal Constitutional Court (Bundesverfassungsgericht), 2006-2008 LLM in Banking and Finance, University of London (Kings College/QMUL), UK, 2005-2006 Doctor´s degree (PhD in Capital Markets law), University of Hannover, 2005
First State Law ExaminationHannover, 2005 Universities of Berlin, Hannover and London, 2000-2006
- Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- Regular speaker at conferences on banking and finance law related topics.
- "Recommended lawyer" in the area of Banking and Finance – Credit Law – Legal 500 Deutschland 2018
- "extremely active" (client) – JUVE Handbook 2017/2018
- "Frequently recommended lawyer" in the area of Lending and Acquisition Finance – JUVE Handbook 2016/2017
- "Recommended lawyer" in the areas of Banking and Finance – Credit Law as well as Restructuring – Legal 500 Deutschland 2017