Rohith George is a partner in the Technology & IP Transactions practice in Mayer Brown’s Palo Alto and San Francisco offices. Rohith is also a member of the firm’s Fintech and Insurtech practices. Rohith's practice focuses on helping companies navigate complex commercial arrangements involving mission-critical technologies. This includes advising clients: in the execution of major business transformations that involve the implementation and integration of technology solutions; in the acquisition, development, and/or licensing of rights in a wide variety of emerging technologies and related services; in the negotiation and execution of SaaS and other hosted service agreements; in a variety of transactions involving the outsourcing of business process and technology functions; on IT issues relating to major corporate transactions (e.g., mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, spin-offs, etc.), including assisting with due diligence, negotiating transaction agreements, and advising on post-closing transition and integration.
Rohith has represented companies in many different industries, including financial services, insurance, consumer products, manufacturing, healthcare, and life sciences. Rohith is a frequent author and speaker on topics such as fintech, cloud computing, big data, blockchain, robotic process automation, artificial intelligence and outsourcing. Rohith has received accolades from a number of different legal publications, including being named a Fintech Rising Star by Law360, a West Trailblazer by The American Lawyer, a Next Generation Lawyer by Legal 500, and Top 40 under 40 by the Daily Journal.
Rohith is a regular contributor to Mayer Brown’s Tech Talks Podcast, which provides insight on legal issues relating to technology & IP transactions and touches on relevant and timely topics.
Digital Transformation, Technology Partnerships, Data and Software
- Represented a leading global bank in the transformation and modernization of its technology capabilities through a partnership with a multinational software and services provider that will develop, launch and maintain new products and capabilities critical to the bank’s technology roadmap.
- Represented a leading global bank in the licensing, development, implementation and hosting of a modern core banking cloud platform for its U.S. consumer and commercial banking divisions, including negotiating long-term agreements with the SaaS solution provider and system implementers.
- Represented a Fortune 500 payments fintech company in connection with its participation in the consortium of companies working on the Libra cryptocurrency.
- Represented a Fortune 100 multinational financial services company in the sale of its prepaid technology platform and the accompanying partnership with a payments technology company for the distribution, processing, and program management of its prepaid and reloadable card business.
- Represented a peer-to-peer lending fintech company in the negotiation and execution of a license for cutting edge data and credit decision engines and risk management software from a third party provider.
- Represented a leading payments fintech company in connection with a restructuring of its corporate operations, including reviewing and renegotiating various technology agreements with critical vendors and bank partners.
- Represented a leading global bank in a strategic partnership with a fintech company to offer unsecured consumer loans sourced through the fintech company’s lending platform.
- Represented a Fortune 500 engine manufacturer in a series of telematics service partnerships with vehicle manufacturers enabling the collection of equipment data in order to offer insights and analysis to each party’s commercial customers.
- Represented a Fortune 100 bank holding company in the structuring of a multi-lender technology platform offering auto loans to consumers, including advising on the preparation and negotiation of terms for lenders and other associated third parties wishing to participate in the platform.
- Represented a Fortune 500 global restaurant company in a technology partnership with a leading food delivery aggregator related to online ordering for pickup and delivery.
- Represented a Fortune 500 bank in the acquisition of a financial technology company to enable a direct-to-consumer digital lending platform.
- Represented a Fortune 500 multinational hospitality company in contracting with technology providers to implement a digital key solution for all of its hotels across the world.
- Represented a Fortune 500 insurance company in the acquisition and integration of a new life insurance business technology platform.
IT and Business Process Outsourcing
- Represented a Fortune 500 pharmaceutical company in a business process outsourcing and application development and maintenance transaction that will implement robotic process automation, analytics, and artificial intelligence initiatives.
- Represented a Fortune 100 insurance company in a business process outsourcing transaction that will enable it to automate many of its claims processing and underwriting functions.
- Represented a Fortune 100 bank in connection with a complex global multi-vender outsourcing arrangement spanning multiple outsourced functions, including facilities management, real estate brokerage services, lease administration, technology, and call center.
- Represented a Fortune 500 insurance company in a series of major business process outsourcing transactions, including finance and accounting, human resources, information technology, and commercial real estate management, each with a different third party service provider.
- Represented a global consumer goods company in connection with a global facilities management outsourcing transaction spanning facilities in countries across multiple regions, including EMEA, NORAM and LATAM.
- Represented a Fortune 100 consumer goods company in connection with a global facilities management, transactional real estate and lease administration outsourcing transaction.
- Represented a Fortune 100 food and beverage company in a complex spin-off arrangement involving the negotiation and cloning of multiple information technology, indirect procurement, human resources, and facilities management outsourcing agreements.
- Represented one of the largest global home appliance companies in connection with a multi-million dollar outsourcing arrangement for information technology services.
Northwestern University School of Law, JD
University of Southern California, BA
- Named to The American Lawyer’s list of 2022 West Trailblazers
- Named to Law360’s 2022 list of “Rising Stars.”
- Named a “Next Generation Lawyer” in Fintech by Legal 500
- Named to the Daily Journal’s “Top 40 Under 40” list