John Faylor is a senior counsel in the Corporate practice of Mayer Brown’s Frankfurt office. He practices in general commercial law and corporate transactions. John is standing counsel to US and German corporations in Germany, including those in the automotive supply, sporting goods, and chemicals and plastics industries, as well as high-tech, medical, and electronic equipment manufacturers. He is both a member and chairperson of various supervisory boards in the chemical and automobile industries.
John’s corporate transactions experience extends to acquisitions and joint ventures, corporate restructurings, and corporate governance issues.
John is an active Sports Arbitrator in the Court of Arbitration for Sports in Lausanne, Switzerland.
- Numerous corporate acquisitions and restructurings for the automotive supply industry in Germany since 1990.
- Numerous corporate acquisitions and restructurings for the German solar industry in the Far East since 2005.
- Restructurings and acquisitions for the international plastics and medical device industries since 1987.
Second State Law Examination (bar exam)Heidelberg, 1977
Legal Clerkship (Referendariat)Heidelberg, Berlin, Karlsruhe, 1975-1977
First State Law ExaminationHeidelberg, 1974
University of Heidelberg1970-1974 BA, Bard College, 1967
- Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- Munich, Germany
- Member of the Board and Assistant Chairman of ASSIST Förderverein e.V., Cologne, Germany, 1995 to date
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- German Bar Association
- Member of the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS), Lausanne, Switzerland, 1989 to date
- Chairman, Anti-Doping Panel of the International Archery Federation, Lausanne, Switzerland, 2004 to date
- Chairman of numerous arbitration panels
- Directorships: Vice Chairman of the Supervisory Board, Albemarle Martinswerk GmbH, Bergheim, Germany, 2006 to date;Chairman of the Supervisory Board, Lear Corporation GmbH, Ginsheim-Gustavsburg, Germany; Chairman of the Supervisory Board, Lear Corporation Beteiligungs GmbH, Ginsheim-Gustavsburg, Germany; member of the Board of Directors, IST America – US Operations, Inc., Bolingbrook, Illinois, 1999 to date