Ameer Ahmad is a partner in Mayer Brown's Chicago office and a member of the Corporate & Securities practice. He concentrates his practice on mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, restructuring and general corporate governance. Ameer advises public companies and financial sponsors across a broad range of industries on corporate, securities and transactional-related matters.
In the mergers and acquisitions area, he has worked on behalf of buyers and sellers in public and private acquisitions and dispositions, leveraged buyouts, corporate restructurings, carve-outs, joint ventures and other strategic alliances. His capital markets work focuses on representing issuers in numerous public and private securities offerings, such as debt offerings, and private placements. Ameer is also involved in all corporate facets of the restructuring process, including Section 363 asset dispositions and plan sponsor commitments.
Ameer provides continuing advice to a number of corporations, both public and private, regarding general corporate and securities law matters, including corporate governance and disclosure issues.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Represented SCG Financial Acquisition Corp. in its acquisitions of Symon Communications, Inc. and Reach Media Group Holdings, Inc.*
- Represented Univision in its investment in The Onion, Inc.*
- Represented Knox Capital in its acquisition of Stancor, Inc.*
- Represented Rackson Corporation in its acquisition of a portfolio of Burger King franchisees*
- Represented FuelQuest Inc., a leading on-demand software and services company for the global downstream energy industry, in the sale of its Zytax energy-related tax automation business to Avalara, a leading cloud-based sales tax and compliance automation technology provider.*
- Represented Sara Lee Corporation in numerous transactions, including its disposition of its European meats business to Smithfield Foods, its disposition of its U.S. retail coffee business to Segafredo Zanetti, S.A., and its acquisition of Butter Krust Baking.*
- Represented Thoma Cressey Bravo in its acquisition of Attachmate.*
- Represented CIVC in its acquisition of Brickman Group, Ltd.*
- Represented The Petroleum Place in numerous transactions, including its acquisition of Tristone Capital.*
- Represented Navistar Corporation in numerous debt offerings.*
- Represented Tuesday Morning Corporation in two secondary offerings of shares held by Madison Dearborn Partners.*
- Represented Fairfield Residential as debtor-in-possession.*
- Represented Morton Industrial Group as debtor-in-possession.*
*The above representations were handled by Mr. Ahmad prior to his joining Mayer Brown.
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, BS
University of Illinois College of Law, JD, summa cum laude,
- Order of the Coif
- Lectures Editor, University of Illinois Law Review
- Member, Illinois State Bar Association
- Recipient, Lexology's "Client Choice" Award, Mergers & Acquisitions: Illinois, 2017