Global Perspectives on Multijurisdictional and local Internal and Government Investigations in a Time of Uncertainty
Mayer Brown and Marval O’Farrell Mairal are delighted to invite you to a webinar analyzing the challenges of internal and government investigations—from the global/multijurisdictional to those in Latin America—during the COVID-19 pandemic. Our discussion of navigating corporate investigations through these uncharted waters will cover topics such as:
- Remote work’s impact on internal and government investigations;
- How prosecutors assess the integrity of internal investigations;
- The importance of a compliance mindset focused not only on Brazilian authorities but also on international authorities, especially those from the United States and the United Kingdom;
- Self-disclosing to relevant enforcement agencies or regulators—the challenges and incentives;
- Tips for cooperating with enforcement agencies and regulators;
- The pandemic’s effects on whistleblower complaints; and
- How often companies should refresh their compliance policies.
Our special panel will include our partners Michel Sancovski (Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown - São Paulo) and Glen Kopp (New York); Marval O’Farrell Mairal partner Gustavo Morales Oliver (Buenos Aires); Albert Stieglitz, from the Fraud Section of the US Department of Justice’s Criminal Division and previously seconded to the UK’s Serious Fraud Office (SFO); LaTanya Langley, vice president and general counsel at BIC; and Bill McMurry, director of the Global Strategy and Federal Programs for 5 Stones Intelligence and former FBI agent.
Thursday, October 8, 2020
10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. EDT
9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. CDT
8:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. MDT
7:30 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. PDT
11:30 – 12:30 p.m. SP/BA
For additional information, please contact Lóiam Pinho Torres at email@example.com.