Recognized by the Daily Journal as one of California’s Top 100 Women Lawyers and Law360 as a 2022 “Insurance MVP,” Bronwyn Pollock is co-leader of Mayer Brown’s Global Litigation & Dispute Resolution practice and our Global Insurance Industry Group. An experienced litigator who has appeared before numerous federal and state courts and arbitrators, she regularly handles complex and challenging multi jurisdictional disputes for clients, particularly involving the insurance, banking, finance, real estate, and entertainment industries.
Bronwyn has achieved victories in many high-profile cases and was selected to The American Lawyer’s inaugural list of “West Trailblazers,” distinguishing her as one of the top professionals who have “moved the needle in the legal industry” and are “truly agents of change,” according to the publication.
In her class actions practice, Bronwyn is known for her thoughtful and effective strategies to defeat claims and prevent class certification early in a litigation. She has led numerous teams in defeating multi district litigation and complex putative class actions pending in multiple jurisdictions. She is part of Mayer Brown’s industry leading class actions practice, which has been recognized for several years as Class Action Group of the Year by Law360.
She regularly advises and represents insurers and reinsurers in complex business, consumer and policyholder actions, investigations, and regulatory disputes. Bronwyn has advised insurance industry clients on a wide array of litigation and related regulatory strategies.
In her real estate and financial services litigation practice, she advises and represents lenders, investors, property owners, asset managers, and developers in real property matters, including partnership, leasing, foreclosure, construction, receivership, insurance, and civil rights matters involving the Fair Housing Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act. She also represents financial institutions in disputes involving residential and commercial mortgage-backed securities and loan-servicing practices, as well as civil enforcement actions and government investigations by the California Attorney General and the Los Angeles City Attorney. Bronwyn also has served as lead counsel representing clients in wildfire cases.
Bronwyn is devoted to the recruitment and professional development of diverse lawyers. She is a member and former Co-Chair of the firm’s Women’s Leadership Committee. She also is a member of the Global Advisory Board of the Women In Law Empowerment Forum and serves as the Co-Chair for WILEF Southern California. She previously served on the Executive Committee for the Litigation Section of the Los Angeles County Bar Association and on charitable boards.
- Obtained early dismissals of putative nationwide and worldwide class actions against insurer seeking coverage for COVID-19 commercial property insurance claims.
- Obtained early dismissal of multi district litigation comprised of 14 nationwide class actions seeking coverage for COVID-19 travel insurance claims and premium reimbursements.
- Obtained early dismissals of numerous putative class actions alleging claims related to loan servicing and foreclosures.
- Obtained early dismissal of claims for a global bank in connection with complex civil enforcement matters alleging discriminatory lending practices.
- Obtained early dismissal of putative class action claims against loan servicer related to alleged statutory violations.
- Successfully resolved claims against a global bank in connection with several complex litigation matters involving REO properties in the City of Los Angeles concerning alleged habitability and foreclosure issues.
- Successfully resolved claims against a title insurance company in a California state putative wage-and-hour class action alleging the misclassification and related claims of title officers and title officer assistants.
- Successfully resolved claims against a loan servicer in connection with civil enforcement action filed by a Los Angeles City Attorney against trustee related to alleged habitability and eviction practices involving REO properties in Los Angeles.
- Successfully resolved claims against financial institution in a civil enforcement action filed by the People of the State of California related to the management and investment of pension funds.
- Successfully resolved class action and other claims against REIT in putative class action cases involving California’s telephone recording and eavesdropping laws and alleged disability discrimination claims.
University of Southern California, BA, cum laude
Georgetown University Law Center, JD
Senior Editor, Georgetown Journal on Poverty Law and Policy
- US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- US District Court for the Central District of California
- US District Court for the Eastern District of California
- US District Court for the Northern District of California
- US District Court for the Southern District of California
- Global Advisory Board Member, Women In Law Empowerment Forum