Recognized by the Daily Journal as one of California’s Top 100 Women Lawyers, Bronwyn Pollock is a partner in Mayer Brown's Litigation & Dispute Resolution practice. She leads the practice group in Los Angeles and is an experienced litigator who has appeared before numerous federal and state courts and arbitrators. Her practice is focused on complex civil litigation, particularly involving the banking, finance, real estate, and insurance industries. She represents financial institutions in disputes involving residential and commercial mortgage-backed securities and loan servicing practices, as well as civil enforcement actions and government investigations by the California Attorney General and the Los Angeles City Attorney.
In her real estate litigation practice, she advises and represents lenders, investors, property owners, asset managers, and developers in real property matters, including partnership, leasing, foreclosure, construction, receivership, insurance, and civil rights matters involving the Fair Housing Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
In addition, Bronwyn advises and defends employers in many areas of employment law, including wage-and-hour compliance, privacy, wrongful termination, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, reductions in force and business closings, and unfair business practices.
Bronwyn serves as the co-chair of Mayer Brown's Women’s Leadership Committee.
- Represented global bank in connection with complex civil enforcement matters alleging discriminatory lending practices.
- Represented global bank in connection with several complex litigation matters involving REO properties in the City of Los Angeles by alleged tenants concerning habitability and foreclosure issues.
- Represented title insurance company in a California state putative wage-and-hour class action alleging the misclassification and related claims of title officers and title officer assistants.
- Represented financial institution in connection with civil enforcement action filed by Los Angeles City Attorney against Deutsche Bank related to habitability and eviction practices involving REO properties in Los Angeles.
- Represented a financial institution in a civil enforcement action filed by City of Los Angeles related to the management and investment of pension funds.
- Represented publicly traded real estate company in class action cases involving California’s telephone recording and eavesdropping laws and alleged disability discrimination claims.
- Represented major ticketing company in class action case involving California’s telephone recording and eavesdropping laws.
- Represented a health care company in a putative statewide employment class action case alleging exempt-status claims and an individual action alleging wrongful termination and discrimination.
- Represented a multi-media marketing and advertising company in putative statewide employment class actions alleging employee expense reimbursement and misclassification claims and individual actions alleging wrongful termination and wage-and-hour claims.
- Represented Wal-Mart and Sam’s Club in wage-and-hour cases throughout California, including Savaglio v. Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (Alameda County Superior Court), a statewide meal-period class action tried before a jury in Alameda County, California.
- Represented a national mortgage bank and lender in putative statewide employment class actions alleging wage-and-hour claims and several individual actions alleging discrimination and wrongful termination.
- Represented a national electronics retailer in defense of putative consumer class actions related to rebate promotions.
- Represented Westfield America, Inc. and its affiliates, which leased the retail mall at the World Trade Center, in the $7 billion property and $1 billion liability insurance coverage litigation resulting from the tragic events of September 11, 2001, in the US District Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Represented insurers in a complex coverage dispute involving the insurability of alleged intentional wrongdoing by their insureds.
- Represented global engineering and construction contractor in a complex construction fraud action and in connection with obtaining insurance coverage under commercial crime policies for federal defense contracts.
- Represented property owners in a $100 million coverage dispute with Zurich American Insurance Company and affiliated entities in the matter of Steadfast Insurance Company v. Santa Clarita, L.L.C., et al.
Georgetown University Law Center, JD, Senior Editor, Georgetown Journal on Poverty Law and Policy
University of Southern California, BA, cum laude, Dean’s List
- US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- US District Court for the Central District of California
- US District Court for the Northern District of California
- US District Court for the Southern District of California
- Global Advisory Board Member, Women In Law Empowerment Forum