Co-leader of Banking & Finance
Paul A. Jorissen
Derivatives, Mergers & Acquisitions, Financial Services M&A
Paul Jorissen is based in New York and is a practice leader of Mayer Brown's Banking & Finance practice.
Paul’s commercial and creative approach to transactional work draws on over 25 years of experience representing clients in a broad range of financing and securities transactions. The range of his work includes public and private securities offerings, structured finance transactions, analysis and strategic planning for litigation and negotiation of settlements, asset and portfolio sales and mergers and acquisitions. Paul’s experience with asset types includes commercial and residential mortgages, single family rental properties, equipment and other ABS, esoteric and fintech, risk transfer, and M&A transactions.
Mortgage and Real Estate Finance
- Public and private residential term RMBS securitizations, including a recent acquisition of a non-prime, non-QM residential mortgage loan origination platform and a subsequent repo and RMBS 3.0 securitization financings.
- Public and private CMBS large loan, conduit, and transition and interim loans.
- Term and warehouse financings of new and seasoned small business commercial mortgage loans.
- Institutional investor representation in commercial mortgage collateralized loan obligations (CRE CLO).
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, JD, magna cum laude
Articles Editor, Loyola University Law Journal
- Walsh College, Masters in Taxation, with honors
- Certified Public Accountant, Michigan
- University of Michigan, BBA, with distinction
- New York