Rohith George is a partner in the Technology Transactions practice in Mayer Brown's Palo Alto office. Rohith’s practice focuses on helping companies negotiate complex commercial arrangements involving mission-critical technologies. This includes advising clients in the execution of major business transformations that involve the implementation and integration of technology solutions; in the acquisition, development, and/or licensing of rights in a wide variety of emerging technologies and related services; in the negotiation and execution of SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, BaaS and other XaaS agreements; in a variety of transactions involving the outsourcing of business process and technology functions; on IT issues relating to major corporate transactions (e.g., acquisitions, divestitures, strategic alliances, spin-offs, etc.), including assisting with front-end diligence, negotiation of transaction agreements, and post-closing transition and integration.
Rohith has represented companies in many different industries, including financial services, insurance, consumer products, manufacturing, healthcare, and life sciences. Rohith is a frequent author and speaker on topics such as blockchain, robotic process automation, artificial intelligence, cloud computing, big data and outsourcing. Rohith joined the firm in 2010.
- Represented a multi-national financial services company in the sale of its technology platform and other assets relating to its prepaid, reloadable and gift card products business in the United States. We also advised the client in the negotiation of related long-term services agreements appointing the purchaser as its program manager, issuer processor and exclusive distributor for its reloadable and gift card products.
- Represented a major American bank in the acquisition of a financial technology company to enable a direct-to-consumer digital lending platform.
- Represented a multinational hospitality company in contracting with technology providers to implement a digital key solution for all of its hotels across the world.
- Represented a Fortune 500 insurance company in the acquisition and integration of a new life insurance business technology platform.
- Represented one of the world’s largest insurance companies in an outsourcing transaction that will enable it to automate many of its claims processing and underwriting functions.
- Represented a Fortune 500 insurance company on its agreement to acquire and integrate a US group life and disability business, including its digital assets and absence management platform.
- Represented a Fortune 500 pharmaceutical company on a business process outsourcing and application development and maintenance transaction that will implement robotic process automation, analytics, and artificial intelligence initiatives.
- Represented a Fortune 100 commercial bank in connection with a complex global multi-vender outsourcing arrangement spanning multiple outsourced functions, including facilities management, real estate brokerage services, lease administration, technology, and call center.
- Represented a global consumer goods company in connection with a global facilities management outsourcing transaction spanning facilities in countries across multiple regions, including EMEA, NORAM and LATAM.
- Represented a Fortune 100 consumer goods company in connection with a global facilities management, transactional real estate and lease administration outsourcing transaction.
- Represented a Fortune 100 food and beverage company in a complex spin-off arrangement involving the negotiation and cloning of multiple information technology, indirect procurement, human resources, and facilities management outsourcing agreements.
- Represented one of the largest global home appliance companies in connection with a multi-million dollar outsourcing arrangement for information technology services.
- Represented a number of global clients in a variety of technology transactions, including software licensing, software development agreements and hosted services agreements.
Northwestern University School of Law, JD
University of Southern California, BA
- Not admitted in California. Practicing under the supervision of firm principals.