Rohith George is a partner in the Technology Transactions practice in Mayer Brown’s Palo Alto and San Francisco offices. Rohith's practice focuses on helping companies navigate complex commercial arrangements involving mission-critical technologies. This includes advising clients: in the execution of major business transformations that involve the implementation and integration of technology solutions; in the acquisition, development, and/or licensing of rights in a wide variety of emerging technologies and related services; in the negotiation and execution of SaaS and other hosted service agreements; in a variety of transactions involving the outsourcing of business process and technology functions; on IT issues relating to major corporate transactions (e.g., mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, spin-offs, etc.), including assisting with due diligence, negotiating transaction agreements, and advising on post-closing transition and integration.
Rohith has represented companies in many different industries, including financial services, insurance, consumer products, manufacturing, healthcare, and life sciences. Rohith is a frequent author and speaker on topics such as fintech, cloud computing, big data, blockchain, robotic process automation, artificial intelligence and outsourcing. Rohith joined the firm in 2010.
Digital Transformation, Technology Partnerships, Data and Software
- Represented a leading global bank in the transformation and modernization of its technology capabilities through a partnership with a multinational software and services provider that will develop, launch and maintain new products and capabilities critical to the bank’s technology roadmap.
- Represented a leading global bank in the licensing, development, implementation and hosting of a modern core banking cloud platform for its U.S. consumer and commercial banking divisions, including negotiating long-term agreements with the SaaS solution provider and system implementers.
- Represented a Fortune 500 payments fintech company in connection with its participation in the consortium of companies working on the Libra cryptocurrency.
- Represented a Fortune 100 multinational financial services company in the sale of its prepaid technology platform and the accompanying partnership with a payments technology company for the distribution, processing, and program management of its prepaid and reloadable card business.
- Represented a peer-to-peer lending fintech company in the negotiation and execution of a license for cutting edge data and credit decision engines and risk management software from a third party provider.
- Represented a leading payments fintech company in connection with a restructuring of its corporate operations, including reviewing and renegotiating various technology agreements with critical vendors and bank partners.
- Represented a leading global bank in a strategic partnership with a fintech company to offer unsecured consumer loans sourced through the fintech company’s lending platform.
- Represented a Fortune 500 engine manufacturer in a series of telematics service partnerships with vehicle manufacturers enabling the collection of equipment data in order to offer insights and analysis to each party’s commercial customers.
- Represented a Fortune 100 bank holding company in the structuring of a multi-lender technology platform offering auto loans to consumers, including advising on the preparation and negotiation of terms for lenders and other associated third parties wishing to participate in the platform.
- Represented a Fortune 500 global restaurant company in a technology partnership with a leading food delivery aggregator related to online ordering for pickup and delivery.
- Represented a Fortune 500 bank in the acquisition of a financial technology company to enable a direct-to-consumer digital lending platform.
- Represented a Fortune 500 multinational hospitality company in contracting with technology providers to implement a digital key solution for all of its hotels across the world.
- Represented a Fortune 500 insurance company in the acquisition and integration of a new life insurance business technology platform.
IT and Business Process Outsourcing
- Represented a Fortune 500 pharmaceutical company in a business process outsourcing and application development and maintenance transaction that will implement robotic process automation, analytics, and artificial intelligence initiatives.
- Represented a Fortune 100 insurance company in a business process outsourcing transaction that will enable it to automate many of its claims processing and underwriting functions.
- Represented a Fortune 100 bank in connection with a complex global multi-vender outsourcing arrangement spanning multiple outsourced functions, including facilities management, real estate brokerage services, lease administration, technology, and call center.
- Represented a Fortune 500 insurance company in a series of major business process outsourcing transactions, including finance and accounting, human resources, information technology, and commercial real estate management, each with a different third party service provider.
- Represented a global consumer goods company in connection with a global facilities management outsourcing transaction spanning facilities in countries across multiple regions, including EMEA, NORAM and LATAM.
- Represented a Fortune 100 consumer goods company in connection with a global facilities management, transactional real estate and lease administration outsourcing transaction.
- Represented a Fortune 100 food and beverage company in a complex spin-off arrangement involving the negotiation and cloning of multiple information technology, indirect procurement, human resources, and facilities management outsourcing agreements.
- Represented one of the largest global home appliance companies in connection with a multi-million dollar outsourcing arrangement for information technology services.
Northwestern University School of Law, JD
University of Southern California, BA