Mayer Brown‘s Mergers & Acquisitions-Praxis gehört zu den größten und besten weltweit. Mit einem global integrierten Team von mehr als 300 Anwälten auf vier Kontinenten verfügen wir über umfangreiche Erfahrung in der Beratung komplexer grenzüberschreitender und anspruchsvoller strategischer Transaktionen.
Wir vertreten ein breites Spektrum börsennotierter und privater Unternehmen, Private Equity- und Leveraged-Buyout-Unternehmen, Gesellschaften und deren Organe auf der ganzen Welt, darunter viele Fortune 100-, FTSE 100-, CAC 40-, HKE- und DAX-Unternehmen.
Unsere M&A-Anwälte arbeiten für Mandanten aus nahezu allen Branchen und beraten bei nationalen, regionalen oder globalen Transaktionen – unsere Teams beraten grenzüberschreitende Transaktionen ebenso souverän wie auch solche in einzelnen Jurisdiktionen. Durch unsere breite geografische Präsenz können wir viele unserer M&A-Mandate (einschließlich Unterstützung in lokalen Due Diligence-Prüfungen) „aus einer Hand“ beraten, das heißt durch Anwälte aus unseren weltweiten Büros. Wir haben darüber hinaus aber auch umfangreiche Erfahrung bei der Koordinierung grenzüberschreitender Transaktionen mit lokalen Aspekten, bei denen wir mit Anwälten aus lokalen Kanzleien unseres Netzwerks, mit denen wir langjährige Beziehungen pflegen, mit Inhouse-Juristen unserer Mandanten oder mit von unseren Mandanten benannten lokalen Kanzleien zusammenarbeiten.
Unsere Beratung erfüllt kompromisslos höchste Ansprüche an Qualität, unabhängig von welchem Büro aus sie erbracht wird und wie unser Transaktionsteam strukturiert ist. Wir stellen sicher, dass unsere Beratung und unsere Arbeitsprodukte einheitlich höchste Qualitätsanforderungen erfüllen.
Unsere Beratungsleistungen erbringen wir – unabhängig von der Größe der Transaktion – effizient und kostensensibel.
Unsere nationale, regionale und grenzüberschreitende Beratungspraxis umfasst:
- An- und Verkauf von Vermögenswerten
- Joint Ventures und strategische Allianzen
- Private Equity
- Vertretung von Sonderausschüssen
- Öffentliche und private Übernahmen und Fusionen
- Restrukturierungen und Rekapitalisierungen
- Ausgliederungen und andere umwandlungsrechtliche Vorgänge
- Aktienkäufe und -verkäufe
- Steuerplanung und -strukturierung
- Ausschreibungs- und Umtauschangebote
- Risikokapital (Venture Capital)
Auch bei noch so großen oder komplexen Transaktionen erbringen wir unsere Leistungen effizient und kostenbewusst. Unsere bestens vernetzten und kompetenten Teams beraten M&A-Transaktionen effizient und unter Einhaltung höchster Qualität.
Select M&A representations include:
- Represented Emasan SA, the majority seller, on its €1.9 billion sale of Interoute Communications Holdings SA to GTT Communications Inc. The sellers included our client Emasan AG, 70 percent shareholder in Interoute, and Turbo Holdings, 30 percent shareholder jointly controlled by two private equity investors, Aleph Capital and Crestview.
- Representing Investec Bank plc on the recommended offer for Ladbrokes Coral Group plc by GVC Holdings PLC.
- Represented CIBC in the $5 billion acquisition of PrivateBancorp, Inc. and its subsidiary The PrivateBank, a middle market commercial bank with $17.7 billion in assets.
- Represented Digicel Group in the sale of 215 telecom towers situated in the French Caribbean and Guyana to Phoenix Tower International (PTI). Digicel will continue to use the telecom towers pursuant to a lease back arrangement with PTI.
- Represented Generac Holdings Inc., a leading designer and manufacturer of power generation equipment, in its acquisition of MOTORTECH GmbH, a leading manufacturer of gaseous-engine control systems and accessories.
- Represented The Hartford in its $1.45 billion acquisition of Aetna Inc.'s US group life and disability business. The acquisition makes The Hartford the second largest group life and disability insurer with approximately $5 billion in expected earned premium.
- Represented Kuraray Co., Ltd., a Japanese manufacturer of chemicals, fibers and other materials, in its $1.1 billion acquisition of Calgon Carbon Corporation, a provider of water and air purification products and services. Our association firm, Tauil & Chequer Advogados, advised on the Brazilian law aspects of the transaction.
- Represented Nestlé S.A. in its $7.15 billion global alliance with Starbucks. As part of the alliance, Nestlé will obtain the rights to market, sell, and distribute Starbucks, Seattle’s Best Coffee, Starbucks Reserve, Teavana, Starbucks VIA and Torrefazione Italia packaged coffee and tea in all global at-home and away-from-home channels.
- Represented Principal Financial Group on the acquisition of AXA's Mandatory Provident Fund (MPF) and Occupational Retirement Schemes Ordinance (ORSO) retirement schemes businesses in Hong Kong for approximate HK$2.6 billion.
- Represented Prologis, Inc. in its agreement to acquire DCT Industrial Trust Inc., a leading industrial real estate company specializing in the ownership, development, acquisition and leasing of high-quality distribution assets in logistics markets, for $8.4 billion in a stock-for-stock transaction, including the assumption of debt.
- Represented SCANA Corporation, which owns South Carolina Electric & Gas Company, in its entry into an agreement with Dominion Energy, Inc., one of the largest energy utility companies in the United States, providing for a stock-for-stock merger valued at $14.6 billion including debt.
- Represented Sparton Corporation, an NYSE-listed provider of complex electromechanical devices primarily in the military & aerospace market, in its $234.8 million acquisition by Ultra Electronics Holdings plc.
- Represented TransCanada in its $13 billion acquisition of Columbia Pipeline Group, Inc., a Houston, Texas-based company that operates an approximate 15,000 mile (24,000 km) network of interstate natural gas pipelines extending from New York to the Gulf of Mexico, with a significant presence in the Appalachia production basin.
- Represented Webhelp SAS, a France-based provider of outsourced customer relationship management services, in the acquisition of SELLBYTEL Group GmbH, the Germany-based provider of outsourced customer relationship management services from Omnicom Group, Inc.
Mayer Brown Ranked Among Top Law Firms for Dealmaking
Mayer Brown has been ranked as a Deft Dealmaker in BTI Consulting Group’s "M&A Outlook 2022: A Whole New World of M&A" report, which covers key trends and changes in the M&A legal market. Mayer Brown was selected for "bringing a rare sense of deal savvy, determination, and boundless energy to get the deal done," according to the report.
Chambers USA 2021
Clients highlight, "I think very highly of Mayer Brown and it is our preferred firm for M&A," and that the team is "practical, efficient and commercially savvy in its advice."
Mayer Brown is “a formidable firm with a talented M&A group," and "all of its attorneys are very professional.”
Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2021
"Mayer Brown International (MBI) team has an unparalleled understanding of the Vietnamese market and its regulatory environment. The firm provides a bridge between local practices that need to be improved to be able to operate under international standards."
Chambers USA 2020
The firm is "a class act no matter the issues" and describes the team as "efficient and knowledgeable." One client adds they are “very knowledgeable about the public M&A space” and “it has the confidence and experience to understand where deals go.”
"Not only are its lawyers experts in their respective fields, but they are very responsive. They are also very easy to work with."
One client highlights the "extremely satisfactory experience," and cites the firm's "superlative service" as standing out while others praise the team's "quality of advice, skill of negotiating and contract design and responsiveness."
Chambers Asia Pacific 2020
One client describes the team as "top notch," adding that "they take our interests to heart and step up to the plate."
"very experienced, wise, commercially sensible and international, yet still knowledgeable of the local market and laws."
"has a very strong springboard out of Hong Kong, a strong panel and full-coverage legal services."
"the firm has excellent knowledge of Vietnamese law."
Legal 500 UK 2020
'Strong technical knowledge, combined with a commercial approach. Easy to work with, on top of the details and deliver a great service time and again'; "A highly responsive and partner-led approach, with a focus on the commercial issues that matter;" "A really nice low-key 'get on with it' approach'."
Chambers UK 2020
Clients say: "There is a strong team dynamic and they're well integrated, both across divisions and with their overseas offices." Another adds: "They're professional, dedicated and commercial."
IFLR 1000 2020
“Strong partner involvement/leadership. Deep client knowledge/insight, good communication with wider team. Cost effective resourcing. Pragmatic, commercial approach. Excellent network especially [with] German and French offices, with established relationships with client’s local businesses.”
Chambers Europe 2020
Clients praise "the reactivity and the availability" of the team members. The team [in Paris] "handles both public and private M&A mandates as well as transactions with a private equity element. Assists with corporate reorganisations and also frequently advises on the finance and tax aspects of corporate transactions."
Represents mid-sized and large companies from both Germany and overseas. One client praises the team for its "very helpful, insightful and practical advice," adding: "They are very responsive, diligent and timely."
Chambers UK 2019
Regularly works with well-known names from the media, chemicals, energy, pharmaceutical and real estate arenas. Areas of expertise include acquisitions, joint ventures and going-private transactions. Offers considerable skill in cross-border matters, with strengths in deals involving North America and Asia.
"They do an excellent job and are highly sophisticated lawyers with a lot of depth."
"They're very dynamic, client-focused and responsive, and they want to do right by the client."
Chambers USA 2019
"[The team's ability to] understand extremely complex aspects of our business quickly and generate novel solutions to commercial issues."
"The team works very well together. A key strength is the ability to seamlessly involve functional experts to address just about any issue that may arise in the course of its M&A support."
"The work has always been rock-solid and the team is well coordinated, on time and responsive, as situations always seem to be time-pressured and fast-moving."
"They are extremely well qualified, knowledgeable and efficient."
IFLR1000 2020 – Asia Pacific
"Our group has been working with Mayer Brown (and its firm before merger - Johnson Stoke & Master) for over 35 years. Mayer Brown is one of the best law firms we have worked with so far. It provides quick and professional legal advice to us as we used to ask Mayer Brown to draft legal agreements urgently (most of the time). Not only its Hong Kong branch, but its affiliated firms in other countries like Europe and USA are also very professional. Whenever we need legal advice in Hong Kong, China, Europe and USA, Mayer Brown could always find the right person to deal with us professionally. We will definitely continue working with Mayer Brown in future."
"The level of service provided has been good. It has a good understanding of PRC regulations, and the ability to offer solutions applicable to our industry."
Mayer Brown’s M&A practice ranked globally in a number of countries in IFLR1000 2019 including: China; Hong Kong; Singapore; Thailand; and Vietnam.
"Excellent firm comprising both talented and knowledgeable individuals with a can do attitude. Able to work under pressure alongside various complex work streams. The firm is value for money and always provides valuable constructive advice and responses to raised matters. They fully understand the matter at hand, especially enforcement scenarios."
"High levels of expertise combined with people-centric approach to resolve matters."
"Mayer Brown is a very knowledgeable and professional firm. They have provided important insights into the residential mortgage market and have strong contractual knowledge. They are timely in their responsiveness and very thorough. No areas of weakness have surfaced in the engagement we have had with them."
Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2020
‘Efficient, commercially sensible and always willing to run the extra mile’.
‘[Mayer Brown’s corporate partner] is extremely efficient and wise, and she knows different cultures across the Asia-Pacific very well’.
Legal 500 USA 2019
The team's 'responsiveness' and it 'works well across disciplines and geographies and is able to handle extremely complicated transactions'.
Legal 500 UK 2018
Mayer Brown International LLP provides a ‘premium level of service’; ‘their advice is always responsive, well considered and commercially focused’.
Chambers Asia-Pacific 2018
"[The team is] professional and acts with a high reputation in the industry."
Chambers Europe: France 2018
"The lawyers listen well and are available. Their answers are pragmatic and they're always protecting our interest."
Chambers Europe: Germany 2018
"They are very business-minded, service-oriented and very thorough without getting lost in details."
Chambers Latin America 2018
"They were very responsive, met deadlines and were experienced as well as knowledgeable of the relevant subject matter."
Chambers UK 2018
"The team have shown professionalism, strong commercial sense and quick response to customer requirements."
"They understand our sector and they understand our risk profile and risk appetite, so they acquit themselves very well in negotiations."
Chambers USA 2018
"The experience and expertise they have worldwide proves to be very useful. They have the depth and ability to quickly rise to challenges."
"They're able to take a very, very complex file and do a fantastic job at arriving at the solution that our business requires."
"It's a strong team that is very responsive and goes the extra mile to provide good service. They listened well and responded to our needs."
Legal 500 Latin America 2018
The 'responsive' and 'business-oriented' team at Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown 'delivers a high-quality service.'