The Employment & Benefits group is pleased to announce the publication of A Global Guide to Employee Data Privacy, the latest in our series of global guides.
Benefits of the Guide
Our largest guide to date, it is designed to help employers with operations in more than one country navigate the specific, and increasing, challenges of handling employee data in different jurisdictions. Covering 55 key countries in the Americas, Asia and EMEA, the guide contains the following:
- Key Questions & Answers – covering:
- The application of the new European General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) alongside national laws in European Union (EU) jurisdictions;
- The laws regulating the collection, use and/or handling of applicant and employee personal data;
- The requirement to have privacy policies, statements or similar agreements to deal with employee data;
- Best practice for retaining employee personal data;
- The restrictions on transferring employee data overseas or to third parties;
- Sanctions for breaching the relevant laws; and
- Potential pitfalls when collecting, using and/or handling employee data.
- GDPR Overview – highlighting the major changes and requirements introduced by the GDPR, affecting businesses both within and outside the EU.
- “In Brief” and “In Detail” Guidance – ensuring the guide will be a valuable starting point, providing both quick reference and more substantive content across all jurisdictions.
How to Access the Guide
We hope that you will find the guide useful. It has been made possible with the input from lawyers across Mayer Brown’s Employment & Benefits group and with contributions from our Cybersecurity & Data Privacy group, as well as from partner law firms in other jurisdictions.
For further resources, please see our suite of Employment & Benefits materials on our Global Tools and Resources page.
3 月 28 日2023 年