Leader of the Corporate & Commercial practice in the Middle East
Jad A. Taha
公司及证券, 中东, 全球流动及迁移
Multinational and regional clients seek out Jad Taha for advice on cross-border M&A, joint ventures, private equity, corporate restructurings, and other corporate and commercial matters. As part of his practice, Jad provides counsel on inbound and outbound investments, including in the United States and the Middle East. Clients leverage his international experience, drawing on his record leading major transactions across the globe and being based in cities such as Chicago, Washington DC, Abu Dhabi, and Dubai.
Representative Matters – US and Cross-Border
- A Saudi investment firm on an acquisition of a stake in a US$2 billion cybersecurity and fraud detection business and Delaware target with subsidiaries in the UK, Singapore, and the UAE.
- Cummins Inc., a global manufacturer, designer, and distributor of diesel engines, filtration, and power generation products, on the acquisition of a 50% equity stake in a Chinese joint venture, involving antitrust analysis and filings in China, and on post-closing restructuring of the joint venture.
- Pampa Capital and its private equity funds on two separate divestments as follows:
- The sale to John Deere of PLA, an agro-machinery business and producer of sprayers, planters, and specialty agriculture products in Argentina and Brazil.
- The sale to Vilmorin Nederland, a division of the Limagrain Group, of portfolio businesses in Argentina and Brazil engaged in the research, production, and marketing of seeds of maize, wheat, sunflower, and soy, with a main focus on the cultivation of corn, including the seasoned corn germplasm.
Each transaction involved the direct and indirect sale of Pampa's equity stakes in holding and portfolio companies in the Netherlands, Spain, Argentina, and Brazil, as well as antitrust analyses in Argentina and Brazil.
- A Moroccan investment company on its acquisition of a majority equity stake in a Florida-based olive oil producer and distributor on a cash and debt basis.
- Shiseido Americas Corporation, a Japanese multinational cosmetics manufacturer and distributor, on the corporate implementation of an internal tax-based restructuring.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, 法律博士, 优等成绩
During law school, Jad took part in the Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot Court in Vienna, Austria. Jad is also a law school recipient of book awards in European community law, European tax law and international human rights.
- College of Charleston, BA, cum laude, Chemistry
- New York State Bar Association - Member
- American Bar Association - Member