Prof. Dr. Eugen Wingerter is a senior associate* in the Düsseldorf office of Mayer Brown's Antitrust practice.
Eugen advises on all aspects of German and European competition law, with a focus on merger control and cartel investigations. He also advises on competition compliance and market dominance matters. Due to his dual qualification as a lawyer and economist, he is an expert in competition and digital economics. His industry focus includes digital and high-tech companies, automotive, raw materials and recycling industries as well as financial services.
Eugen has completed a PhD thesis on European competition law, which was awarded the Faculty Prize of the University of Munster. He teaches as a professor at the University of Applied Sciences and Art in Dortmund.
Prior to joining Mayer Brown, Eugen has worked for a renowned international law firm in Düsseldorf.
*no admission of the German bar association
- Regular advice in German, European as well as multi-jurisdictional merger control proceedings.
- Advising Aurubis in complex Phase 2 EU merger control proceedings with regard to the acquisition of the Metallo Group by Aurubis.**
- Advising Aurubis in complex Phase 2 merger control proceedings before the German Federal Cartel Office with regard to Aurubis' acquisition of Deutsche Giessdraht GmbH.**
- Advising the Japanese Toppan Group in merger control proceedings before the German Federal Cartel Office with regard to the acquisition of the decor printing provider Interprint.**
- Advising LKQ in EU merger control proceedings and subsequent referral to a national competition authority with regard to LKQ's acquisition of Stahlgruber.**
- Advising and defending in cartel (fine) proceedings before the German Federal Cartel Office and the European Commission.
(** In previous law firm.)
9 月 02 日2022 年
8 月 05 日2022 年
Second State Law Examination (bar exam), Düsseldorf
Doctor's Degree (PhD in Law), University of Muenster (Dr. jur.)
Legal Clerkship (Referendariat), Higher Regional Court Münster
University of Hagen, Diplom-Kaufmann (Master's Degree in Business Administration)
First State Law Examination, University of Muenster
Translator for Russian-German
Studies in Münster, Exeter (Great Britain) and at the Open University of Hagen
- Faculty Award of the University of Münster for the dissertation in European antitrust law.