"Notable Practitioner"IFLR 1000 2022
Kirsten Schürmann is a counsel in the Frankfurt office of Mayer Brown’s Banking & Finance practice. She advises on banking and finance, securitization and capital markets issues. She advises clients on national and international matters across a broad spectrum of asset based lending transactions, securitization (with a focus on German auto loan, consumer loan and trade receivables) transactions and supply chain finance.
Prior to joining Mayer Brown in 2005 Kirsten was working with Dresdner Bank AG/Institutional Restructuring Unit (IRU) (2003–2005). Kirsten was seconded to the legal department of UBS Deutschland AG in 2007 and to the legal department of Deutsche Bank AG in 2017/2018.
- Advising DIC on the acquisition of three office properties from TPG Real Estate's “Technology Park portfolio" in Cologne.
- Frequently representing originators, arranger, underwriter and trustees in connection with the securitization of German consumer and auto loans as well as trade receivables.
- Acting as transaction counsel for the securitization of Santander Consumer Bank AG’s consumer loans (SC Germany Consumer 11-1 and 2013-1).
- Acting as transaction counsel for the development of Volkswagen Leasing GmbH’s German Master Trust Program VCL Master S.A. for the securitization of lease receivables and residual values.
- Acting as transaction counsel for Standard Chartered Bank, London as Arranger on the first German/Belgian consumer loan securitization of Credit Europe Bank N.V. (CEB Consumer Finance S.A., SIC Institutionnelle de droit belge).
- Frequently advising lenders on the financing of multi-jurisdiction asset-based lending transactions.
Second State Law Examination (bar exam)
Legal Clerkship (Referendariat)
Hanau, Frankfurt am Main
First State Law Examination
Frankfurt am Main
University of Frankfurt am Main
- Recognized by The Best LawyersTM in Germany 2022 for Banking and Finance Law
- "Notable Practitioner" for Capital Markets: Structured finance and securitisation – IFLR 1000 2022
- "Notable Practitioner" for Capital Markets: Structured finance and securitisation – IFLR 1000 2021
- "Notable Practitioner" in the area of Structured Finance – IFLR 1000 2020
- "Notable Practitioner" in the area of Capital Markets – IFLR 1000 2020
- "Notable practitioner" for Capital Markets - Structured finance and securitisation – IFLR 1000 2019