"Notable Practitioner"IFLR1000’s “Financial and Corporate 2019”
Kirsten Schürmann is a counsel in the Frankfurt office of Mayer Brown’s Banking & Finance practice. She advises on banking and finance, securitization and capital markets issues. She advises clients on national and international matters across a broad spectrum of asset based lending transactions, securitization (with a focus on German auto loan, consumer loan and trade receivables) transactions and supply chain finance.
Prior to joining Mayer Brown in 2005 Kirsten was working with Dresdner Bank AG/Institutional Restructuring Unit (IRU) (2003–2005). Kirsten was seconded to the legal department of UBS Deutschland AG in 2007 and to the legal department of Deutsche Bank AG in 2017/2018.
- Frequently representing originators, arranger, underwriter and trustees in connection with the securitization of German consumer and auto loans as well as trade receivables.
- Acting as transaction counsel for the securitization of Santander Consumer Bank AG’s consumer loans (SC Germany Consumer 11-1 and 2013-1).
- Acting as transaction counsel for the development of Volkswagen Leasing GmbH’s German Master Trust Program VCL Master S.A. for the securitization of lease receivables and residual values.
- Acting as transaction counsel for Standard Chartered Bank, London as Arranger on the first German/Belgian consumer loan securitization of Credit Europe Bank N.V. (CEB Consumer Finance S.A., SIC Institutionnelle de droit belge).
- Frequently advising lenders on the financing of multi-jurisdiction asset-based lending transactions.
Second State Law Examination (bar exam)
Legal Clerkship (Referendariat)Hanau, Frankfurt am Main, 2000-2002
First State Law ExaminationFrankfurt am Main, 1999
University of Frankfurt am Main1993-1999
- Frankfurt am Main, Germany