"Notable Practitioner"IFLR1000’s “Financial and Corporate 2019”
Kirsten Schürmann is a counsel in the Frankfurt office of Mayer Brown’s Banking & Finance practice. She advises on banking and finance, securitization and capital markets issues.
She advises clients on national and international matters across a broad spectrum of asset based lending transactions, securitization (with a focus on German auto loan, consumer loan and trade receivables) transactions, supply chain finance and distressed debt transactions.
Prior to joining Mayer Brown in 2005 Kirsten was working with Dresdner Bank AG/Institutional Restructuring Unit (IRU) (2003–2005). Kirsten was seconded to the legal department of UBS Deutschland AG in 2007 and to the legal department of Deutsche Bank AG in 2017/2018.
- Frequently representing originators, arranger, underwriter and trustees in connection with the securitization of German consumer and auto loans as well as trade receivables.
- Acting as transaction counsel for the securitization of Santander Consumer Bank AG’s consumer loans (SC Germany Consumer 11-1 and 2013-1).
- Acting as transaction counsel for the development of Volkswagen Leasing GmbH’s German Master Trust Program VCL Master S.A. for the securitization of lease receivables and residual values.
- Acting as transaction counsel for Standard Chartered Bank, London as Arranger on the first German/Belgian consumer loan securitization of Credit Europe Bank N.V. (CEB Consumer Finance S.A., SIC Institutionnelle de droit belge).
- Frequently advising lenders on the financing of multi-jurisdiction asset-based lending transactions.
Second State Law Examination (bar exam),
Legal Clerkship (Referendariat), Hanau, Frankfurt am Main, 2000-2002
First State Law Examination, Frankfurt am Main, 1999
University of Frankfurt am Main, 1993-1999
- Frankfurt am Main, Germany