Ahmad Nofal is a partner in the Real Estate practice in Mayer Brown's Chicago office. He regularly represents private equity firms, pension funds, owners, developers, equity investors and other domestic and foreign financial institutions. He routinely counsels clients on a broad range of complex commercial real estate transactions across asset classes, including vacant land, multi-family, senior housing/assisted living, industrial, office, retail and hotel. He has substantial experience representing clients in the acquisition, disposition, and development of individual properties and multi-asset portfolios and hotels, the creation of joint ventures for the ownership and development of real estate, and a broad range of financing matters, including construction loans, conventional loans and loan assumptions and modifications.
Prior to joining Mayer Brown in 2013, Ahmad worked for another international law firm based in Chicago.
- Represented a pension fund in the acquisition of a $400 million, 12 asset, multistate industrial and warehouse portfolio, which transaction included obtaining simultaneous acquisition financing in the amount of $50 Million Loan and the assumption of a $150 Million Loan.
- Represented a real estate private equity fund in the acquisition and financing of several medical office buildings.
- Represented a developer in the development and sale of a $790 million, 12 asset multistate Industrial portfolio.
- Represented a developer in the development and sale of a $500 million, 10 asset multistate Industrial portfolio.
- Represented a commercial bank, as lender, in the financing of a $83 million term loan to a borrower for the acquisition of a 546,790 square foot, three building, Class A suburban office complex in Oak Brook, IL.
- Represented an operator in $200 million of Seller financing in connection with a sale of a portfolio of 1500 single family homes.
- Represented pension fund in its acquisition of a Class A Office Building in Dallas, Texas valued at approximately $71 million.
- Represented pension fund in the acquisition and disposition of multiple multi-family rental assets.
- Represented a real estate private equity fund in land acquisition, formation of joint ventures and construction financing of several ground-up multi-family and senior housing/assisted living rental assets.
- Represented a real estate private equity fund in land acquisition, formation of joint ventures and construction financing of several ground-up industrial warehouses.
- Represented a real estate private equity fund in the acquisition and disposition of multiple hotel assets.
The John Marshall Law School, JD, summa cum laude
Staff Editor, The John Marshall Law Review
DePaul University, BA, cum laude