"Recommended lawyer" in the area of Structured Finance and SecuritizationLegal 500 Deutschland 2018
Andreas Lange is a partner in the Frankfurt office of Mayer Brown’s Banking & Finance practice. He focuses on securitization, regulatory banking law, derivatives and debt financing. Andreas has done securitizations (with a focus on consumer securitization) since 2004. Since 2007 he has been involved in a number of regulatory projects in connection with bad banks, derivative regulation and funds law. He also gained substantial experience on CRR questions and restructuring. In 2006, he was seconded to the Chicago office and worked on structured products.
Prior to joining Mayer Brown in 2004, Andreas worked as an attorney for a magic circle UK law firm in London and Frankfurt and for Deutsche Bank in Bonn.
- Advised IKB Deutsche Industriebank AG in relation to analyzing the CDO and RMBS portfolio, the out-placement of these assets and structuring of the out-placement.
- Represented IKB Deutsche Industriebank AG in relation to structured products (including CDS based CDOs) and advised on potential litigation issues.
- Advised „Sonderfonds Finanzmarktstabilisierung“ (SoFFin) in relation to the first German „Bad Bank“ which includes the transfer of various portfolios of structured securities from WestLB to the Erste Abwicklungsanstalt.
- Represented ABN AMRO in the structuring and documentation of the first German true sale securitization of German auto-loans originated by Volkswagen Bank GmbH, the first transaction licensed by True Sale International (TSI) and using a German limited liability company (Driver One GmbH) as the special purpose vehicle.
- Advises banks regularly on conduit matters, conduit transactions and asset-backed capital market transactions for loan, leasing, residual values and trade receivables
Second State Law Examination (bar exam)
Legal Clerkship (Referendariat)
Regional Court Bonn, 1999-2001
Institute of International Private Law and Comparative Law, Bonn
Scientific Assistant, 1999-2000
First State Law Examination
Aix en Provence University, France
Faculté de Droit, 1995-1996
- Recognized by The Best LawyersTM in Germany 2022 for Banking and Finance Law
- "Notable practitioner" for Capital markets: Structured finance and securitisation as well as Derivatives – IFLR 1000 2022
- "Notable Practitioner" for Capital markets: Structured Finance and Securitisation as well as Derivatives – IFLR 1000 2021
- Recognized by Best Lawyers® 2021 for Banking and Finance Law
- "Notable Practitioner" for Capital Markets – Derivatives and Structured Finance and Securitisation – IFLR 1000 2020
- "Notable Practitioner" for Capital Markets – Derivatives and Structured Finance and Securitisation – IFLR 1000 2019
- "Recommended lawyer" in the area of Structured Finance and Securitisation – Legal 500 Germany 2018
- "Notable Practitioner" – IFLR 1000 2018
- "Recommended lawyer" in the area of Structured Finance and Securitisation – Legal 500 Germany 2017