National and international clients turn to Tina Hoffmann for advice on mergers and acquisitions, restructurings, and insolvency law matters. In addition to her transactional work, she regularly advises clients on general corporate, commercial and trade law matters. Tina has a particular focus on the automotive and chemical industries and regularly advises automotive suppliers as well as international chemical companies.
Mergers & Acquisitions (including Distressed M&A) and Joint Ventures (a selection)
- Advised Powerfleet on the acquisition of Movingdots from Swiss Re.
- Advised HOERBIGER on the acquisition of JOHNSON MATTHEY Piezo Products GmbH.
- Advised Lear Corporation, a global automotive technology leader in Seating and E-Systems, on the acquisition of I.G. Bauerhin (IGB).
- Advised Aptos on the sale of its supply chain management business unit to TESISQUARE®.
- Represented Raffinerie Heide GmbH in the formation of a partly publicly funded joint venture with Orsted Wind Power GmbH and EDF Deutschland GmbH regarding the construction and operation of a 30 MW electrolysis plant for the production of green hydrogen from wind power at the site of Heide refinery.
- Advised Lear Corporation on acquisition of Kongsberg Automotive’s Interior Comfort Systems Business Unit.
- Advised Moving Intelligence on the acquisition of PLT Software GmbH.
- Advised TUI Group on the sale of its special travel businesses Berge & Meer Touristik GmbH and Boomerang Reisen GmbH to GENUI Partners.
- Advised the Steadfast Capital Fund III L.P. and AVS Management on the sale of its shares in AVS Group to funds advised by Triton as well as to the AVS management.
- Advised British private equity investor STAR Capital Partners on the sale of Blohm+Voss to Lürssen shipyard.
- Advised WiseTech Global, a leading developer and provider of software solutions to the logistics execution industry globally, on its public tender offer for shares in Softship AG, a leading provider of software solutions and related services to the international liner shipping sector.
- Advised Beijing Enterprises Holdings Limited on the acquisition of EEW Energy from Waste GmbH from Swedish investor EQT for a purchase price of approximately EUR 1.4 billion. This acquisition was so far the largest M&A transaction of a Chinese company in Germany.
Restructuring, Bankruptcy & Insolvency (a selection)
- Represented US investment fund as majority creditor in the cross-border, debtor-in-possession insolvency proceedings of Arlington Germany GmbH and Arlington Automotive Group.
- Advised Turkish ground-handling company with respect to the protective shield proceeding of Condor Flugdienst GmbH.
- Represented a leading German automotive supplier on its successful debut high-yield bond offering of €275 million senior secured notes in the course of the financial restructuring.
Corporate and Commercial and trade law (a selection)
- Ongoing corporate and commercial law advice to German subsidiaries of listed US automotive suppliers, including on warranty and product liability issues, recalls, supply, warranty, development, consignment stock, service and logistics agreements, joint ventures and other types of agreements.
- Ongoing commercial law advise to a leading manufacturer of industrial valves, drives and automation technology, including on issues of warranty and product liability, recalls, supply, warranty, service, consignment stock and logistics contracts as well as the drafting of general terms and conditions.
- Ongoing corporate and commercial law advice to an international glass manufacturer, including on warranty and product liability issues, as well as general terms and conditions.
- Ongoing contract law advice to a leading tire manufacturer including warranty and product liability cases, recall, supply, warranty, service, logistics and other contracts.
- Ongoing corporate and commercial law advice to a listed international chemical company.
- Ongoing corporate and commercial law advice to a family owned sawmill group.
Legal Clerkship (Referendariat)
Landau i.d. Pfalz, Frankfurt am Main, London
University of Mainz
- Recognized by Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in Germany™ for Corporate Law, Restructuring & Insolvency Law & Litigation Law