Admitted to the Paris Bar, Elodie Deschamps is a partner in the Tax practice of the Paris office.
She focuses her practice on advising private equity clients and multinational groups on the tax aspects of their acquisitions, mergers and reorganizations. She provides assistance to clients on all aspects of the transaction, from tax due diligence to structuring work, including financing matters.
In the context of its transactional activity, Elodie creates and manages models aiming to analyze the tax consequences and cash flow impacts of the contemplated transactions. She also assists corporate groups in the day-to-day management of their tax affairs and in the reduction of their global effective tax rate (French and international tax planning, etc.) and their exceptional operations (debt refinancing, build-up, restructuring, etc.).
In addition to her native French, Elodie is fluent in English.
Recent or pending deals in which Elodie Deschamps was involved include:
- Advised Groupe Stago on the structuring and financing aspects of the acquisition of an 80% stake in HemoSonics, an American point of care diagnostic centers, from founders.
- Advised Altice NV on tax and structuring aspects of the IPO and NYSE Listing of its US affiliate Altice USA.
- Advised private equity fund Montefiore Investment on the structuring of its acquisition of QCNS Cruise from Duke street, Kings Park capital and founders.
- Advised the management of Oberthur Technologies – the world’s second largest provider of security and identification solutions and services – in the context of the acquisition by Oberthur Technologies of Safran Identity & Security along with the investment fund Advent International from Safran.
- Advised private equity fund Montefiore Investment on the sale of BVA, specialized in the field of behavioral analysis, to Naxicap.
- Advised private equity fund Montefiore and Les Cercles de la Forme’s founders on an LBO acquisition of Les Cercles de la Forme, a Fitness clubs network, from CM-CIC Investissement and Managers.
- Advised the childcare goods manufacturer BEABA and the private equity fund Bridgepoint on the refinancing of the LBO.
- Advised private equity fund Bridgepoint Development Capital on its sale of Groupe C2S, private clinics operator.
- Advised private equity fund Stirling square CP on the acquisition of Vernet, a subsidiary of The Magnum Corporation, manufacturer of air ventilation & conditioning equipment for cars and sanitary facilities, from family shareholders.
- Advised private equity fund Oaktree Capital on the sale of Axilone, a company specialized in packaging for the beauty care industry, to Citic Capital.
- Advised Quilvest Private Equity on the acquisition of EDH, a training centre for communication jobs, from Platina Partners.
- Advised private equity fund LBO France on the acquisition of Crouzet, a worldwide leader specialized in customized switches, electric actuators and automated systems for critical applications, from Innovista Sensors, a company owned by PAI Partners, The Carlyle group and Schneider Electric.
- Advised Kerneos, a leader in aluminate techonologies, on its disposal to Imerys, the world leader in mineral-based specialties for industry, by private equity fund Astorg.
- Advised private equity fund Quilvest, along with BPIFRANCE Investissement and the managers, on their acquisition of Sogetrel, a telecom networks integrator, from Equistone Partners, Idinvest partners, Ardian (Private Debt), and Capzanine.
- Advised LBO France in the refinancing deal of Materne group (2015).
- Advised LBO France and Averys in the refinancing of Averys (2014).
- Advised LBO France for the acquisition of Chryso (2014).
University of Montpellier I, DESS-DJCE, Business Law