Admitted to the Paris Bar, Elodie Deschamps is a partner in the Tax practice of the Paris office.
She focuses her practice on advising private equity clients and multinational groups on the tax aspects of their acquisitions, mergers and reorganizations. She provides assistance to clients on all aspects of the transaction, from tax due diligence to structuring work, including financing matters.
In the context of its transactional activity, Elodie creates and manages models aiming to analyze the tax consequences and cash flow impacts of the contemplated transactions. She also assists corporate groups in the day-to-day management of their tax affairs and in the reduction of their global effective tax rate (French and international tax planning, etc.) and their exceptional operations (debt refinancing, build-up, restructuring, etc.).
In addition to her native French, Elodie is fluent in English.
Recent or pending deals in which Elodie Deschamps was involved include:
- Advised Constellation, backed by Qualium Investissement, on the acquisition of HISI, cloud services provider, which specializes in outsourcing and hosting.
- Advised Qualium Investissement on the structuring of the acquisition in Amexio, European leader in content management solutions.
- Advised Eight Advisory in relation to the reorganization of its capital following the acquisition of a minority stake of Sienna Investment Managers in Eight Advisory.
- Advised Quilvest Capital Partners and IK Partners in the sale of its interest in Groupe EDH following the investment of Five Arrows Principal Investments and the reinvestment of Quilvest alongside IK Partners and the management.
- Advised Bridgepoint on the acquisition of a majority stake in CAST and the launch of a mandatory simplified tender offer to acquire the remaining CAST shares.
- Advised Abertis on the sale of the share capital of Eurotoll SAS to the Italian group Telepass.
- Advised CVC Capital Partners on the structuring of its minority investment in the capital of the commercial company created by France's Ligue de Football Professionnel (LFP).
- Advised Funecap, the second largest funeral services operator in France, on the acquisition of Altair Funeral, the Italian leader in crematorium and cemetery management.
- Advised Qualium Investissement on the acquisition by Acolad group of Ubiqus group, language services and transcription expert.
- Advised Bridgepoint Development Capital on its acquisition of a minority stake in The Cegos Group, a provider of training, development and e-learning services.
- Advised Qualium Investissement on its majority investment in Recocash, one of the top players in the French debt servicing market.
- Advised Bridgepoint on the acquisition of a majority stake in Plug in Digital, one of the largest independent video game distributors and a rising video game publisher.
- Advised Qualium Investissement on its minority investment in Constellation, Digital Services Company offering a comprehensive IT support.
- Advised Raise Investissement and GENEO Capital Entrepreneur on their minority investment in the Kinougarde group, French leader in childcare services, alongside the founder of the group and the management.
- Advised SAF group and its shareholder Oaktree Capital on the structuring of the acquisition of Starlite Aviation Group.
- Advised L-GAM on the acquisition of a majority stake in Group Vinventions, a world leader in wine closure solutions.
- Advised Qualium Investissement on the sale to Permira of its interest in SAFTI, digital network of real estate advisors, and its concomitant partial reinvestment into the group.
- Advised Stirling Square Capital Partners on its acquisition of a majority interest in Médisup Sciences, private school providing "classes préparatoires" for the medical state exams.
- Advised Ophiliam and Funecap’s management on the sale of Ophiliam's existing interest and its rollover investment in Funecap following the entering of Latour Capital investment in Funecap group's capital.
- Advised Marlin Equity Partners in its acquisition of a majority stake in Lengow SAS, a leading e-commerce automation SaaS platform.
- Advised Qualium Investissement and the Kermel group on the refinancing of the existing indebtedness of the Kermel group, leading European manufacturer of flame resistant fibres.
- Advised Sagard in connection with the acquisition of Nutrisens, a French medical nutrition specialist.
- Advised SSCP Arôme BidCo and Verescence Luxembourg Perfumery Holding (VLPH), a portfolio company of Stirling Square Partners, in connection with the acquisition of a majority stake in Pacificglas Inc., a Korean-incorporated company specialist in premium glass packaging for the cosmetics industry.
- Advised L Catterton on the the acquisition of JOTT (Just Over the Top) group, French casual outwear brand.
- Advised CVC on its Series B investment into EcoVadis SAS, the world leader in business sustainability ratings for global supply chains.
- Advised Quilvest in its roll-over majority investment in Groupe EDH SAS, an owner and operator of schools, along with IK Investment Partners Limited who purchased a minority stake.
- Advised Parella on its acquisition of a majority stake in Solved, a Dutch real estate advisory firm.
- Advised Qualium Investissement on the acquisition from Naxicap Partners of Acolad, an international translation agency.
- Advised Montefiore Investment on the structuring of the acquisition of the Valeur et Capital group.
- AdvisedCVC on the structuring of its acquisition of the listed group April from its controlling shareholder Evolem and from the public.
- Advised Groupe Stago on the structuring and financing aspects of the acquisition of an 80% stake in HemoSonics, an American point of care diagnostic centers, from founders.
- Advised Altice NV on tax and structuring aspects of the IPO and NYSE Listing of its US affiliate Altice USA.
- Advised private equity fund Montefiore Investment on the structuring of its acquisition of QCNS Cruise from Duke street, Kings Park capital and founders.
- Advised the management of Oberthur Technologies – the world’s second largest provider of security and identification solutions and services – in the context of the acquisition by Oberthur Technologies of Safran Identity & Security along with the investment fund Advent International from Safran.
- Advised private equity fund Montefiore Investment on the sale of BVA, specialized in the field of behavioral analysis, to Naxicap.
- Advised private equity fund Montefiore and Les Cercles de la Forme’s founders on an LBO acquisition of Les Cercles de la Forme, a Fitness clubs network, from CM-CIC Investissement and Managers.
- Advised the childcare goods manufacturer BEABA and the private equity fund Bridgepoint on the refinancing of the LBO.
- Advised private equity fund Bridgepoint Development Capital on its sale of Groupe C2S, private clinics operator.
- Advised private equity fund Stirling square CP on the acquisition of Vernet, a subsidiary of The Magnum Corporation, manufacturer of air ventilation & conditioning equipment for cars and sanitary facilities, from family shareholders.
- Advised private equity fund Oaktree Capital on the sale of Axilone, a company specialized in packaging for the beauty care industry, to Citic Capital.
- Advised Quilvest Private Equity on the acquisition of EDH, a training centre for communication jobs, from Platina Partners.
- Advised private equity fund LBO France on the acquisition of Crouzet, a worldwide leader specialized in customized switches, electric actuators and automated systems for critical applications, from Innovista Sensors, a company owned by PAI Partners, The Carlyle group and Schneider Electric.
- Advised Kerneos, a leader in aluminate techonologies, on its disposal to Imerys, the world leader in mineral-based specialties for industry, by private equity fund Astorg.
- Advised private equity fund Quilvest, along with BPIFRANCE Investissement and the managers, on their acquisition of Sogetrel, a telecom networks integrator, from Equistone Partners, Idinvest partners, Ardian (Private Debt), and Capzanine.
University of Montpellier I, DESS-DJCE, Business Law
- ITR World Tax Review France Elodie Deschamps has been ranked "Highly regarded" in Transaction tax.