This session will provide an overview of the recent developments impacting share buybacks, the affirmative defense from insider trading liability provided by Rule 10b5-1 and related disclosure requirements. Mayer Brown lawyers Anna Pinedo, Laura Richman, David Schuette and Brennan Young will discuss the following topics:
- New share buyback disclosure requirements
- Rule 10b5-1 amendments, including their impact on buybacks
- Excise tax on share buybacks
- Impact on accelerated share repurchases and year-end share repurchase planning
- Associated disclosure controls
- Chamber of Commerce litigation
For more, see Mayer Brown’s Legal Update, 2024 U.S. Proxy and Annual Report Season: It's Starting Time!
CLE is not available when viewing a recording of this program. In order to receive credit you must have attended the live webinar program.