There have been a number of litigation and enforcement developments targeting the SPAC market. These include private litigation claims brought following de-SPAC transactions in Delaware Chancery Court alleging breaches of fiduciary duty, federal securities claims relating to proxy/prospectus disclosures, and federal securities fraud claims relating to stock price declines following market revelations.
Join us in our last installment of our SPAC Series for a discussion of recent enforcement developments. During this session, panelists will discuss:
- Breach of fiduciary duty claims including a discussion of the Delaware Chancery Court’s opinion in In re Multiplan Corp. Stockholders Litigation
- Potential responses to this litigation and the allegations of conflicts of interest in the SPAC structure
- Federal securities disclosure claims
- Federal securities litigation relating to post de-SPAC disclosures and the impact of short sellers and other market participants
- The importance of adequate diligence of the target and fulsome disclosures to avoid litigation
CLE is not available when viewing a recording of this program. In order to receive credit you must have attended the live webinar program.