Mark Wong is a partner in the Corporate & Securities practice in Mayer Brown PK Wong & Nair Pte. Ltd.'s Singapore office. He has over 25 years of wide and varied experience in corporate finance and commercial matters. He also advises on complex mergers and acquisitions, banking and finance, real estate, and estate planning and trusts. He is a Notary Public in Singapore.
- Advised and represented clients on various types of commercial transactions, corporate restructuring and formation of consortiums, establishment of corporate structures and tendering for various infrastructure projects.
- Advised clients on the establishment of effective corporate and trust structures not only in Singapore but also in various jurisdictions involving Indonesia, Hong Kong, Anguilla, the Bahamas, Samoa and the British Virgin Islands.
- Advised and acted for clients in various acquisitions both in Singapore and overseas, namely Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Australia, New Zealand, Switzerland, the Caribbean and elsewhere.
- Represented clients as buy or sell side advisor for various sale and purchase transactions of commercial and residential properties, buildings and restructuring real estate portfolios, as well as for due diligence and restructuring of a diverse range of companies.
- Advised clients in various industries including consumer, retail, technology and logistics industries with respect to legal documentation and legal developments relevant to their businesses.
- Advised and provided consultative guidance on legal drafting and interpretation of legislative or regulatory provisions and guidelines in the context of the stamp duties and transfer pricing regulatory framework in Singapore.
- Acted and advised a large pharmaceutical multinational corporation to establish and acquire premises for research and production facilities, including advising on the construction and management services contracts.
- Acted for a large internet technology multinational corporation in its relocation of human capital, internet technology and finance services into Singapore.
- Acted for an international hospitality company to establish its head office in Singapore and as buy side legal advisor in its various real estate and corporate acquisitions in Australia and Sri Lanka.
- Assisted the Solicitor General of Antigua and Barbuda on the drafting of legislation which was passed in Parliament by the government of Antigua and Barbuda, in respect of tax and gaming resort development concessions and licensing.
- Provided expert evidence on the Laws of Singapore in disputes before the Civil Court of Thailand and the Family Court of Australia.
University of Hull, Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
- Middle Temple
- Advocate & Solicitor, Supreme Court of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Institute of Arbitrators
- Notary Public, Singapore Academy of Law
- Tax, Estate Planning, Corporate & Regulatory – City Wealth Leaders List (2018 – 2020)