Michael Weiss is a partner in the Real Estate practice of Mayer Brown’s New York office. Mike’s practice includes the representation of owners, developers, equity investors, insurance companies, private equity funds and other domestic and foreign financial institutions in complex commercial acquisitions, sales, financings and co-investment transactions throughout the US over a variety of asset classes including gaming, hotels, resorts, office, multi-family and mixed-use projects. He has significant experience with multiple types of financings including permanent, construction, mezzanine and the use of historic tax credits and has a particular focus on high volatility commercial real estate compliance. In addition, Mike has represented clients of the firm with respect to commercial office and retail leases on both the landlord and tenant sides.
Michael joined Mayer Brown in 2010.
- Represented the developer of a mixed-use project in Brooklyn Heights, New York in the closing of $145 million in construction financing and equity investments to construct 5,680 square feet of retail space and two 19-story towers containing 86 multi-family apartment units, of which 18 units will be dedicated to affordable housing.
- Represented a real estate investment management company in the acquisition of a 49% economic interest in four shopping malls in Colorado and New Jersey for $793 million.
- Represented a commercial bank, as administrative agent and lender, in the financing of a $125 million term loan for the acquisition of a 37-story trophy asset in New York’s Plaza District.
- Represented the administrative agent and lender in connection with the refinancing of a $2.5 billion term and revolving credit facility provided to one of the largest gaming companies in the United States, secured by mortgages on 14 casino and entertainment facilities located in Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana, Mississippi and Nevada.
- Represented a real estate investment management company in connection with a $270 million joint venture acquisition of 12 self-storage facilities located in New York and New Jersey, which transaction included obtaining simultaneous acquisition financing in the amount of $106 million.
- Represented a real estate investment trust in the $500 million acquisition of a 31-story Class A building in New York’s Financial District.
- Represented a commercial bank in providing $50 million in financing for the construction of a hotel and private members only club in Los Angeles, California.
- Represented a real estate private equity fund in the disposition of two office buildings located in Cambridge, MA for $210 million.
- Represented a wealth management firm in the negotiation of a seven year lease for its headquarters in the Chrysler Building located at 405 Lexington Avenue, New York, NY.
- Represented a New York professional soccer club in negotiating a stadium lease for its home matches and associated sponsorship agreements for the club.
American University Washington College of Law, JD
Administrative Law Review
Cornell University, BA
- New York