Odilo Wallner is a counsel in the Frankfurt office of Mayer Brown's Banking & Finance practice. He has broad experience in the ﬁeld of banking law, credit ﬁnancing and debt capital markets transactions with a focus on acquisition and general leveraged ﬁnancing, asset based ﬁnancing and high yield bonds.
Odilo has developed signiﬁcant expertise in the interaction and combined implementation of loan ﬁnancing and debt capital market issuances. He is also experienced in factoring and asset based lending arrangements in Germany and in international transactions. He regularly advises borrowers/issuers, sponsors and ﬁnancial institutions.
Before joining Mayer Brown in 2021, he worked for several years at international law ﬁrms in Munich and Frankfurt.
- Advising ECM on its investment in PikeTec*
- Advising ECM on the acquisition of a majority stake in ACADEMY Group*
- Advising Schön Klinik on the refinancing of several existing loan agreements*
- Advising Ardian on the financing of the acquisition of a majority stake in GBA Group*
- Advising the underwriters in connection with the acquisition of Flender from Siemens by The Carlyle Group*
- Advising EQT on the acquisition of thinkproject*
- Advising the Banking Consortium on the refinancing of K+S *
(* At previous law firm)
LLM, Durham University, England, 2009
Second State Law Examination (bar exam), Halle, 2008
LLM, Martin-Luther-University Halle-Wittenberg, Halle 2007
First State Law Examination, Martin-Luther-University Halle-Wittenberg, Halle, 2004
Martin-Luther-University Halle/Wittenberg, Halle, 1998 – 2004
- Frankfurt am Main, Germany