"Always connected with market issues and shows cutting-edge knowledge of matters that affect companies in the infrastructure sector."Chambers Latin America 2021 - Public Law
Bruno Werneck has experience advising Brazilian and foreign clients on the development of infrastructure, energy and mining projects, and mergers and acquisitions, as well as concessions, public-private partnerships (including PMIs) and privatizations. He also works with project financing, negotiation of tax incentives and regulatory issues.
He graduated from São Paulo University (USP) and received his LLM at Columbia University. He is a partner at Tauil & Chequer in association with Mayer Brown.
- Advised WPR Participações in the sale of the corporate control of the private port of São Luís, Brazil, to China Communications Construction Company (CCCC). The total investment committed by CCCC was BRL 1.7 billion.
- Represented AEGEA Saneamento in the acquisition of the water distributor of Manaus, the capital of the State of Amazonas, which is the largest privately held water distributor in Brazil in terms of supported citizens (more than 2.1 million).
- Advised Guaraná Urban Mobility (an invested company of Mitsui Co.) in the acquisition from Odebrecht Transport (OTP) of the corporate control of SuperVia, which is the operator of the urban trains of the metropolitan area of the city of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Represented M3 Capital in the acquisition from HSI Investimentos of the remaining 50% stake in GoodStorage, the leading self-storage company in São Paulo, Brazil.
Columbia Law School, LLM
Universidade de São Paulo, Bachelor of Law (JD equivalent)
- Chambers Latin America 2021 in Projects - A client describes partner Bruno Werneck as "a very deal-oriented, knowledgeable and available professional." A market commentator attests to his multidisciplinary skills, saying: "He is capable of handling both development and financing matters."
- Chambers Latin America 2021 in Public Law - A client reports that department co-head Bruno Werneck is "always connected with market issues and shows cutting-edge knowledge of matters that affect companies in the infrastructure sector," and reveals: "He is our strategic adviser." Another interviewee says: "Bruno has great negotiation skills and a business-oriented approach."
- IFLR 1000 (2021) - Highly regarded
- IFLR 1000 (2020) - Highly regarded
- Chambers Latin America 2020 in Public Law - "Bruno is able to combine intelligence and business experience, providing great peace of mind to clients. He is also an available and creative practitioner who is concerned with our business and always seeks the balance between opportunity and risk."
- Chambers Latin America 2020 in Projects - "He has impressive knowledge of this practice area and a sense of entrepreneurship, being able to understand economical aspects connected to the projects." Werneck possesses a lengthy track record advising energy, water and sewage and logistics companies on bidding rounds for the structuring of PPPs, in addition to handling EPC agreements. Clients appreciate "his agility, clarity, availability and common sense."
- Leaders League (2020) in Public Law and Projects - Excellent
- Chambers Latin America 2019 in Projects - "excellent assistance with the structuring of an infrastructure project" "his advice was clear and effective and facilitated the convergence of interests."
- Chambers Global 2019 in Projects - "excellent assistance with the structuring of an infrastructure project" "his advice was clear and effective and facilitated the convergence of interests."
- Legal 500 (2019) in Public Law – "deep technical knowledge with a hands-on approach", "this combination makes them stands out from the crowd".
- Latin Lawyer 250 2018 in Project Finance & Infrastructure, Energy, Administrative Law and Mining & Metals