"Respected partner Bruno Werneck garners praise from clients for his "excellent assistance with the structuring of an infrastructure project," adding that "his advice was clear and effective and facilitated the convergence of interests." He is often instructed by national and international companies to counsel on EPC agreements, PPPs and joint ventures in connection with the energy, water treatment and airport industries."Chambers Global 2019
Bruno Werneck is a partner of Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown. He counsels Brazilian and foreign clients on matters related to infrastructure, energy, mining, oil and gas projects and M&As. His experience includes joint ventures, project development, concessions and public-private partnerships (PPPs). Bruno also has substantial experience assisting clients in regulatory matters, project finance, and negotiation of tax incentives. He is frequently quoted in the press in matters related to infrastructure and has deep experience in cross-border deals, including with Asian investors.
He is a professor of graduate courses at Fundação Getulio Vargas (FGV) and was a consultant to the OECD and IADB on regulatory issues in Brazil.
- Advised WPR Participações in the sale of the corporate control of the private port of São Luís, Brazil, to China Communications Construction Company (CCCC). The total investment committed by CCCC was BRL 1.7 billion.
- Represented AEGEA Saneamento in the acquisition of the water distributor of Manaus, the capital of the State of Amazonas, which is the largest privately held water distributor in Brazil in terms of supported citizens (more than 2.1 million).
- Advised Guaraná Urban Mobility (an invested company of Mitsui Co.) in the acquisition from Odebrecht Transport (OTP) of the corporate control of SuperVia, which is the operator of the urban trains of the metropolitan area of the city of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Represented M3 Capital in the acquisition from HSI Investimentos of the remaining 50% stake in GoodStorage, the leading self-storage company in São Paulo, Brazil.
Columbia Law School, LLM
Universidade de São Paulo , Bachelor of Law (JD equivalent)
- Chambers Latin America 2019 in Projects and Public Law
- Latin Lawyer 250 2018 in Project Finance & Infrastructure, Energy, Administrative Law and Mining & Metals