Björn Vollmuth is a counsel in the Frankfurt office of Mayer Brown's Employment & Benefits practice. He advises clients on individual and collective employment law matters, in national and cross-border M&A transactions, such as share deals, asset deals, mergers and spin-offs. He is exceptionally skilled and well versed in post-transaction integration and restructuring negotiations with works councils and unions.
Besides his focus on deal-driven work, Björn is engaged in the preparation, conclusion and termination of employment agreements as well as service contracts for managing directors and members of the management board, employee data protection matters (protection of personal data under German and EU law; implementation of compliance systems, including codes-of-conduct, whistleblowing hotlines, IT systems for personnel), compliance audits/internal investigations and anti-discrimination matters.
He is also an experienced litigator and has gained a reputation for being both practical and persuasive in pursuing his clients' interests. Björn is a Certified Employment Law Expert (Fachanwalt für Arbeitsrecht).
- Employment law advice in connection with the tender process concerning the acquisition of Opel by Beijing Industry Corporation (BAIC).
- Employment law and pension advice in respect of the acquisition of IKB Deutsche Industriebank AG by Lone Star.
- Advising the buyer in a distressed M&A transaction concerning an automobile component supplier.
- Advising the buyer in connection with the acquisition of two insolvent businesses in the metal industry.
- Employment law advice concerning the acquisition of an insolvent oil refinery.
Certified Employment Law Expert, 2009
Second State Law Examination (bar exam), Frankfurt am Main, 2005
Legal Clerkship (Referendariat), Frankfurt am Main, 2003-2005
First State Law Examination, Frankfurt am Main, 2003
University of Frankfurt am Main, 1998-2003
- Frankfurt am Main, Germany