Mergers & Acquisitions, Financial Services M&A, Capital Markets
"Vikram is hands-down the best external counsel I have worked with. His memory and recall is flawless and he is confident enough in his knowledge to give off-the-cuff answers to complicated and difficult questions."
“He has a really collaborative and cooperative negotiating style that has made our negotiations with counterparties run very smoothly.”
Insurance and reinsurance companies rely on Vikram Sidhu for counsel on corporate and regulatory insurance matters. He regularly works on sales and acquisitions of insurance and reinsurance companies and portfolios of insurance business, including legacy/runoff transactions. He has worked on a wide range of transactions involving both US and non-US acquirers and sellers in a number of different lines of insurance (property and casualty, life and health, mortgage insurance and others). Clients turn to Vikram for advice on insurance businesses and products such as cyber, new climate risks, parametrics and trade credit.
Insurance M&A and other transactions
- A major global insurance group in a USD 1.9 billion loss portfolio transfer transaction with an international legacy specialist group.
- A major global insurance group in a USD 1.3 billion loss portfolio transfer transaction with an international legacy specialty group.
- A cyberinsurance insurtech group in acquisition of insurance company and launch of US surplus lines insurer.
- A joint venture in the acquisition of product liability claims relating to coal dust, asbestos, silica, and other exposures from a manufacturing group.
- A major global insurance group in the sale of environmental business.
- Cornell University, BA, magna cum laude
- Harvard Law School, JD
- Harvard Business School, Accion Program on Strategic Leadership for Microfinance
- District of Columbia
- New York
Professional & Community Involvement
- Federation of Regulatory Counsel (FORC)