Richard Smith is a partner in the Corporate & Securities practice of the London office. "Recommended" in Legal 500 2014, he advises on a wide range of corporate transactions, including company and business sales/purchases, initial public offerings, joint ventures, private equity investments, and corporate reconstructions.
- Advising Syngenta on the sale of Syngenta Bioline Ltd to Union InVivo.
- Advising Universal Coal plc on A$24.5 million strategic investment by IchorCoal.
- Advising Adaptimmune Ltd on $104 million Series A financing.
- Advising Imperial Innovations Group plc on equity raising of £150 million by way of placing of ordinary shares.
- Advising GW Pharmaceuticals plc on US public offering of ADSs totalling $169.8 million.
- Advising GW Pharmaceuticals plc on follow-on offering of ADSs raising $101.1 million on Nasdaq.
- Advising GW Pharmaceuticals plc on its initial public offering on Nasdaq.
- Advising Elsevier on the sale of its UK science and technology division books list to Informa.
- Advising Content Ventures Ltd on the introduction of a new Luxembourg holding company by way of scheme of arrangement.
- Advising Imperial Innovations Group plc on equity raising of £140 million by way of rights issue of ordinary shares and issue of warrants to subscribe for class of partly paid convertible shares.
- Advising Haas TCM on the acquisition of Aeropia and RD Taylor & Company from Umeco plc.
- Advising Rhodia on the sale of its European specialty phosphates business to Thermphos International.
- Advising Rhodia on the sale of its polyurethane flame retardants business to Albermarle Corporation.
- Advising Apace Media plc on the sale of 50% of Balkan Media Group to MTG Broadcasting AB.
- Advising Vue Entertainment on the acquisition of the Warner Village cinema circuit.
- Advising Vue Entertainment on the acquisition of the Ster Century UK cinema circuit.
- Advising Infrastructure India plc on its establishment and admission to the Official List of the UK Listing Authority.
- Advising Imperial Innovations Group plc on its admission to AIM.
- Advising Worldwide Clinical Trials on the acquisition of Nottingham Clinical Research.
The College of Law, Chester
University of Sheffield
- England and Wales
- Law Society
- Listed as a 'key lawyers' for Equity Capital Markets (Legal 500 2021).
- Listed as a 'key lawyer' for Equity Capital Markets (Legal 500 2020).
- Recommended (Legal 500 2018 Equity Capital Markets).