Cameron Sabin is a partner in the Salt Lake City office of Mayer Brown and a member of the Litigation & Dispute Resolution practice. He concentrates his practice on complex administrative, regulatory and business litigation, with particular emphasis on energy and natural resource disputes. Cameron represents energy developers, producers and consumers in a wide range of proceedings in federal and state court and before administrative bodies. He represents clients before the Public Service Commission of Utah and other state public utility commissions and boards, the Utah State Tax Commission and other federal, state and local governmental agencies. He also represents clients in natural resource matters and a host of other business matters, including commercial contract disputes, real estate disputes, corporate control actions and derivative and dissenting shareholder actions.
Prior to joining Mayer Brown, Cameron was a partner at a regional law firm and was previously a law clerk to the Honorable James E. Baker, US Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces, from 2002 to 2003.
Areas of Focus
- Representing Dominion Energy Utah in its most recent general rate case before the Utah Public Service Commission.
- Representing Dominion Energy Utah before the Utah Public Service Commission to obtain approval for a Liquefied Natural Gas facility.
- Represented Questar Gas Company before the Utah Public Service Commission to obtain approval of a merger with Dominion Resources, Inc.
- Represented Microsoft Corporation before the Wyoming Public Service Commission in its successful request for approval of a large power contract service tariff.
- Represented PacifiCorp in a federal lawsuit that resulted in the successful resolution of a dispute regarding upgrades to an electric generating facility and related capital improvement projects.
- Represented PacifiCorp in its last general rate case before the Wyoming Public Service Commission.
- Represented Questar Gas Company in a gas storage dispute pending before the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware.
- Represented Rocky Mountain Power in a land dispute regarding the construction and operation of a 345kV power line.
*Includes matters handled while at former firms
Brigham Young University, BA
University of Iowa College of Law, JD, with high distinction
Order of the Coif; Managing Editor, Iowa Law Review, 2001-2002
- US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- US District Court for the District of Utah
- Executive Committee Member, Litigation Section, Utah State Bar, 2015-present
- Board Member, Utah Foundation, 2018-2021
- Member, Executive Council, Utah High School Lacrosse League, 2015
- Head Coach, Boys Lacrosse, Lehi High School, 2013-2015
- Pro Bono Counselor, Utah State Bar, Tuesday Night at the Bar, 2007-2008